The Right Brain Initiative is one month into the 2017 Willamette Week Give!Guide, Portland’s innovative online fundraising campaign. Give!Guide showcases 149 local non-profits of various sizes whose missions fall into eight categories: Animals, Civil & Human Rights, Community, Creative Expression (you can find Right Brain here), Education, Environment, Health and Human Services. Give!Guide In thirteen years, G!G has raised over $20 million for hundreds of local nonprofits. Last year, Give!Guide donors gave nearly $4.25 million to 141 Portland organizations and the Oregon Cultural Trust.
Last year, 270 incredible Right Brain donors helped us raise $19,121, equipping us with the funds to support four schools and 1,500 students with arts education programming. This year, we are on a mission to empower over 29,000 students and 1,700 educators to discover their creative voices. We’re encouraging our stakeholders to express their own voice by supporting young creative thinkers. We need our entire community to work arm-in-arm with us to create lasting change within our schools so that every kid has the chance to discover their inner artist!
Between now and December 31st you can discover your voice at:
View the Right Brain Give!Guide testimonial video:
Need more reasons to give? No problem. You get all sorts of sweet incentives when you give through the Give!Guide. There are incentives to donors no matter how big or small your gift (hint: every gift, of any size, makes a BIG difference for Right Brain)! Give!Guide incentives come in three forms:
- Donors who give between $10-999 receive a code to access their incentives in the Chinook Book mobile app, including items like:
- a free scoop of ice cream at Salt & Straw
- a free cup of coffee at Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- a free croissant at Ken’s Artisan Bakery
- a free pastry at Gluten Free Gem
- a free cup of coffee at Nossa Familia Coffee
- and 600+ other freebies and discounts across Portland in the Chinook Book mobile app**Yes, you’re reading this correctly…you get so much free stuff that they’re practically paying YOU to give!
- Donors who give $1,000 or above will receive bags filled with incentives delivered to their home.
- Willamette Week Give!Guide originally began in an effort to encourage young people to engage in philanthropy. They have a mission of getting the 3,500 Portlanders under the age of 35 to give back to their community by making it really easy to give (149 nonprofits all on one online platform with an easy interface). There’s also a competition among the nonprofits within each category of the Give!Guide to have the most “young donors” by the end of the campaign, earning that organization an extra bonus of $2,000.
- There are also numerous Big Give Days (and in which every donation you make enters you into a raffle to win all sorts of great prizes:
- December 4: (for anyone 35 years old and under) Sony Alpha a6300 camera and a 16-50mm zoom lens from Pro Photo Supply
- December 7: Trek FX bike from Bike Gallery
- December 14: Two tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Denver Nuggets, two tickets to the Portland Trail Blazers vs. Philadelphia 76ers games, and a jersey signed by Evan Turner
- December 21: a 60-person Salt & Straw ice cream and ping pong party at Pips & Bounce
- December 28: the Oregon Cultural Trust challenges donors to “Give Big and Get Out” across this amazing state of ours by offering a vacation package
So, now’s the time to discover your voice and support young critical thinkers by donating to Right Brain before December 31st at: