The Equity Investments program provides additional funding for General Operating Support partner organizations to support initiatives which advance their commitment to equity in the arts, with a priority placed on racial equity A total of $239,550 was awarded to nine organizations in this cycle. Additional funds will be awarded in a second cycle in June 2019. The RACC Board of Directors approved these awards on March 20, 2019.
- Artists Repertory Theatre, $25,000 to support a two-day equity workshop for staff, resident artists, and staff of resident companies.
- Independent Publishing Resource Center, $31,050 over three years to support a paid residency program for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
- Oregon Children’s Theatre, $10,000 to continue work with consultants to advance the organization’s work on diversity, equity, inclusion and access.
- PHAME, $20,000 to support partnership programming with other arts organizations.
- Portland Center Stage, $52,500 over three years to support PCS’s commitment that at least half of the partners hired in community engagement programs will be people of color and/or culturally specific organizations.
- Portland Gay Men’s Chorus, $9,000 to fund an equity assessment with consultants.
- Portland Institute for Contemporary Art, $40,000 over two years to support SPACE program events in 2019–2021.
- Portland Playhouse, $40,000 over two years for the creation of a staff position.
- Portland Youth Philharmonic Association, $12,000 to fund an equity assessment with consultants.