RACC and the Oregon Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (OVLA) are joining forces this fall to host a series of three workshops geared towards educating artists and art workers on legal matters pertaining to their creative practice. This series aims to empower artists with the knowledge and tools they need to make informed decisions in their creative endeavors, while also offering a chance for our local art community to come together and connect.
The Event Volunteer will assist in the facilitation of these important learning opportunities. The event will run from 5pm to 7.00pm, but volunteers will be required to help set up from 4pm, and to help tidy up after the event.
- Event Volunteer – Making the Case – RACC & Oregon Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (OVLA)
- Status: Volunteer
- Dates & Times: September 13th, October 11th, November 8th, from 4pm-7.30pm
- Location: Regional Arts and Culture Council, 411 NW Park, Suite 101, Portland, OR
- Department Lead | Supervisory: Yaelle Amir, Grants Program Specialist, and Sean Cumming, Hiring & Volunteer Lead
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Be willing to learn about RACC, our core values, history, and programs
- Attend virtual RACC volunteer orientation and training
- Assist with setting up the space for the event
- Greet visitors and assist with access to the event
- Support the Grants Program Specialist with facilitation of the hybrid elements of the event
- Assist in any tidying of the space after the event
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Positive energy and people skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand or sit for up to 3 hours
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Knowledge of facilitating hybrid events, Zoom, and audio visual technology preferred
- An interest in the arts, culture, arts funding, community engagement, arts & culture advocacy, or arts organizations
Time Commitment Needed
- 1 ½ hour training and orientation
- Minimum of 3 1/2 hours at one of the events
- No maximum commitment; time slots available for all 3 events
- Training and orientation will be provided prior to the event
- Volunteer Handbook for resources and information
- Snacks, tea, and coffee will be provided
- Travel reimbursement with receipts
- Team members from RACC will be available to offer insight and support
This is a fairly informal event and will be in an air-conditioned building. Masks may be worn, but are not required. Please reach out with any concerns or questions.
Please fill in the intake form here. Please state the role as: “Event Volunteer – RACC and the Oregon Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (OVLA).” Note: Spaces are limited.