The 2016 Arts Breakfast of Champions was held on February 24, 2016. This marked the first time that the annual event was hosted by RACC, following the closure of NWBCA in 2015.
In all, more than 340 guests celebrated arts and business partnerships and honored some of the region’s great arts champions, including:
- Top corporate donors to the arts, including The Standard, U.S. Bank, Portland General Electric, Umpqua Bank, Wells Fargo, The Boeing Company, Vulcan Inc., Nordstrom, Chipotle Mexican Grill, KeyBank, First Tech Federal Credit Union, Wieden+Kennedy, Nike, Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission and Stoel Rives.
- The John C. Hampton Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Arts: Greg Ness, CEO, The Standard
- Inspirational creative partnership: Umpqua Bank and Portland Center Stage
- Small business champion: Bill Dickey, Owner, Morel Ink
- Work for Art champions: Portland General Electric, Burgerville and the Oregon Cultural Trust
RACC also saluted Oregon’s own congresswoman, Representative Suzanne Bonamici, for her support of arts education at the federal level and for incorporating the arts into STEM education as part of the Every Student Succeeds Act which President Obama signed into law in December of 2015.