The Sitka Center for Art and Ecology fosters creativity, inquiry and natural wonder through our residencies, workshops, annual art exhibition and year-round community programming. We seek a friendly, organized and resourceful person to join our team in the role of Administrative & Program Assistant.
Our next Administrative & Program Assistant will be office and computer-savvy, take joy in performing reception responsibilities such as helping callers and greeting guests, and be undaunted in learning new skills and solving problems. Our office is cozy and friendly, with lots of laughter and team collaboration. Our Administrative & Program Assistant will be at the heart of the daily action, so being the kind of person who can be productive while enjoying lots going on around them is key.
The Sitka Center is located in Otis, Oregon (near Lincoln City) on Cascade Head, one of the most beautiful places on the Oregon coast, surrounded by spruce forest, open meadow – and boundless inspiration. Our office is located within a 0.66-acre facility that also includes residences, studio space and a library. Roosevelt elk, black tail deer and northern flicker woodpecker sightings are a daily occurrence from our office windows.
This is a full time, hourly, non-exempt, Monday-Friday position, with occasional evening and weekend work to help support special events.
• Front Desk Reception: be the first point of contact, question answering and problem solving for visitors, instructors, residents, workshop participants and others dropping in, calling in, and emailing with questions or requests.
• Workshop and Residency Program Administration: work closely with the Program Director and program team (including instructors, studio techs, interns and others) to make the residency and workshop programs happen. Help with arrivals and departures, applications and registrations, workshop sales and refunds, contracts and agreements, instructor and resident packets, orientations and emergency trainings… there’s a lot involved in making it all run smoothly while creating sense of retreat-like calm for the Center’s guests.
• Office Administration and Support: work closely with the Executive Director, Program Director and others to keep key office and administrative activities humming. Organize mailings, run reports, order supplies, make runs to the post office, inventory merchandise, help with bookkeeping and expense tracking, enter data, file stuff, scan stuff… and generally leave our office more efficient and organized than you found it.
• Event Support: work closely with the Events Coordinator and others to help Sitka’s events go off without a hitch. Annual events include our Mingle and Muse series, Soup & Salad nights, Resident Show & Tells, open houses, and the Sitka Art Invitational which takes place the first weekend each November. From online registration oversight to crossing the t’s and dotting the i’s on the nametags, pay attention to all the little details that make events magical.
• Daily Surprises: Troubleshoot the unexpected, learn from mistakes, hold yourself and your teammates capable, clean up everything from spilled coffee to mis-communications, ask for help when you need it, offer help without being asked, share responsibilities, acknowledge others, and help create a culture we’re all proud to be a part of and share.
• Hourly rate starting at $15/hour
• Eligible for holiday, vacation and sick leave benefits, which accrue upon hire
• Eligible for a monthly health care stipend
• One free workshop each year
Please send your resume and a cover letter by email to email@example.com. Applications received by January 25, 5pm PST, will be given full consideration. Applications will be acknowledged as received by email, and will be considered as they are received, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Central Oregon Coast- Otis, Oregon