Company: Third Rail Repertory Theatre
Position Title: Administrative & Marketing Assistant
Classification: Paid $16 per hour; 20 hours per week.
Reports to: Managing Artistic Director
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Administrative & Marketing Assistant.”
Organization: Third Rail Repertory Theatre was founded in 2003 and quickly established itself as one of Portland’s most critically acclaimed theatre companies. It has garnered an unprecedented number of outstanding Portland theatre awards and since its first season, has experienced steady growth and consistent critical praise. With a core company of professional theatre artists (who also work as volunteers in all aspects of the administrative functions), Third Rail produces thought-provoking, entertaining and challenging work with a focus on timely and resonant storytelling. From commissioning new work, producing under-served plays and invigorating familiar classics, to being the Portland host to live-captured productions from the National Theatre of London, Third Rail is an ambitious, dynamic, professional theatre company challenging themselves, their audiences and their community.
Position Summary: The Administrative & Marketing Assistant reports to the Managing Artistic Director and works closely with all other staff to ensure the highest quality of customer service aligned with the organizational values of impact, inclusion, and rigor. This position involves detail-oriented communication with various departments inside and outside the organization, and seeks someone who is comfortable and experienced juggling multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
● Support Managing Artistic Director calendar scheduling
● Update and organize shared Google calendars for Marketing, Mentorship Company, and season programming
● Assist in management of Third Rail Mentorship Company administrative assistants during their assigned “Office Hours”
● Support day-to-day office procedures, including receiving mail, answering the phone, and running additional errands
● Support communications to company and board of directors as needed
● Take meeting minutes and assign tasks as needed
● Assist production staff in management of rehearsal, performance, and event space needs (scheduling, communication, load in/load out), including Salons, First Reads, Mentorship intensives, National Theatre Live bookings, and other events as needed
● Assist Box Office and Development staff with running reports, entering data, and resolving issues in PatronManager database
● Maintain data hygiene and organization in company Google Drive
● Assist with the creation of marketing collateral for each show in the TRRT season by communicating with the graphic designer, photographer, and printer (includes postcards, mailers, posters, and programs)
● Update Portland-area event calendars to list TRRT programming
● Assist with TRRT social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
● Assist with maintenance of contact lists in MailChimp
● Support outreach to community partners for collaborations including lobby displays, talkback and rehearsal guest speakers, and discount/group rate opportunities
● Support and assist with special evening and weekend events throughout the TRRT season
● Engage in company commitment to anti-racism through company-wide and individual measurable goals
Third Rail Repertory Theatre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Third Rail complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees.
126 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211