Wendy Red Star Studio is seeking an administrative studio assistant to help maintain scheduling, communications, and general operational duties. The responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with clerical duties, appointments, research, and personal tasks; liaising with production studios and galleries, managing and ordering office supplies; and assisting with shipments and deliveries. We are looking for an organized person with good communication and writing skills, and who enjoys working in an artist studio.
Due to Covid restrictions, the position initially will be entirely remote.
– Support artist by managing studio administration and email correspondence
– Coordinate all administrative aspects of upcoming shows with galleries and museums
– Edit artist statements and conduct research as needed
– Write and apply for grants
– Order materials and manage outside vendors as needed
– Light record keeping and bill-pay
– Maintain basic inventory of artworks, tracking incoming and outgoing work
– Manage images and press as needed
– Update and manage website and Instagram
– Proficiency with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience working in an artist’s studio
The position is Monday through Thursday, 4 hours per day, working remotely. Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
Please send a cv, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, your initial communication will be with the team at Sargent’s Daughters which represents Wendy Red Star.