New Expressive Works in Portland, OR, is excited to continue into the 13th session of our Artist Residency program. Applications are now available. Deadline for applications is Friday October 4th, 2019.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
With the goal of providing more sustainable opportunities for new works of artistic excellence to be created, N.E.W. (New Expressive Works) is ready to accept applications from choreographers for the May – October 2019 Session.
1) To support artistic excellence in the creation of new works by choreographers from ALL levels in their professional careers.
2) To encourage and promote diversity in movement genres (classical, modern, Western, non-Western etc.)
THE RESIDENCY IN BRIEF
– Each resident receives a maximum of 6 hours of rehearsal time per week (A total of 144 hours of rehearsal hours for the entire residency). These will be divided into two 3-hour slots and mostly available between 8am and 6pm during the weekdays. Exceptions will be made on a case to case basis.
– N.E.W. residents participate in “Fieldwork,” a peer-to-peer feedback process. Every 6 weeks, or so, all participants will gather (with facilitator and N.E.W. Program Director) to share your developing work and exchange feedback to support cultivating insight into composition and strengthening one’s ability to give critical commentary. These dates will be confirmed during your orientation.
– The final work will be showcased the last weekend of the residency. This showcase will be a 3-night ticketed performance run, produced by New Expressive Works. The dates for this performance will be May 8th – 10th, 2020.
On successful completion each N.E.W. Resident:-
– Receives a $500.00 stipend.
– Has access to high resolution images and a digitally manipulatable video of their performance.
– Becomes a N.E.W. alum and will indefinitely receive discounted rehearsal rate of $10/hour for post residency rehearsals in either studio (Regular rehearsal rates are $13 – $18 per hour). If alums book N.E.W. as a venue for future performances you will receive a 15% discount to the regular rates.
Please click https://forms.gle/KNELVwQ1jqXUA8XPA to view and fill out the application. This is a Google Form. For assistance, contact us (email@example.com) and we will help with any extenuating circumstances.
New Expressive Works, 810 SE Belmont, Portland, OR 97214