Multnomah Arts Center, a program of Portland Parks & Recreation, is currently looking for experienced arts instructors in various media. MAC instructors are dedicated professionals with a strong arts background and a commitment to community arts education. For nearly 50 years, MAC has been providing high-quality arts instruction and participation in the performing, visual and literary arts, fostering opportunities to connect with communities and cultures.
Portland Parks & Recreation values a diverse workforce and seeks ways to promote equity and inclusion within the organization. PP&R encourages candidates with knowledge, ability and experience working with a broad range of individuals and diverse communities to apply. PP&R encourages candidates that can fluently speak more than one language.
• Starting pay rate is $25.75 – $31.75 per hour, depending on experience.
• This position is part-time (maximum 1600 hours per year).
• This position does not include benefits.
About MAC’s arts programs:
We strongly encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our programs. Please go to our website to learn more about our program and offerings: www.MultnomahArtsCenter.org.
• Book Arts – classes in bookbinding – traditional western, non-western, and non-traditional techniques all encouraged.
• Calligraphy – classes and workshops for teens and adults, various techniques. Non-western calligraphy traditions also welcomed, along with classes related to calligraphy such as illumination, and brushwork.
• Ceramics – classes for youth in handbuilding and wheelthrowing in the afternoons for youth, workshop possibilities for teens and adults.
• Drawing and Painting classes for youth and adults – drawing, oil painting, acrylics, and watercolor classes and workshops – afternoon availability for youth classes, evening class availability for teen to adults.
• Jewelry/Metalsmithing – classes and workshops for teens and adults – evening and weekend availability.
• Woodworking classes and workshops: woodshop, woodturning, wood carving and other woodworking classes for youth thru adults.
How to Apply
1. Follow the link to review and apply for this job opportunity: Recreation Employment – Music and Arts Centers (Ages 18+) – Open Continuous | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com) Click “APPLY” to log in. Create an account if you have not applied for a job through this site.
2. Complete Application by providing all required information and answering required questions, reviewing, certifying, and submitting your application.
3. Please Note:
• This position is part of a broader recruitment for Recreation Employment – Music and Arts Centers – Open Continuous.
• Attachments – Attaching specific information related to the medium you are proposing to teach (list or résumé of training and teaching experience) plus any examples of your work (or sites to view it) is optional, but strongly encouraged.
4. If you have questions about these positions contact:
• For adult visual arts classes contact Nicole Rawlins, MAC Adult Visual Arts Coordinator at: Nicole.Rawlins@portlandoregon.gov
• For youth visual arts classes contact Aimé Kelly, MAC Youth Visual Arts Coordinator at: Aime.Kelly@portlandoregon.gov
Multnomah Arts Center 7688 SW Capitol Hwy