At the Portland State University (PSU) Foundation, we believe in the power of higher education to transform lives. We are a mission-driven organization focused on advancing PSU through relationships, community connections and philanthropy. As part of our team, you’ll join a group of passionate, committed and engaged individuals working to empower students, faculty and the communities we serve.
We are currently hiring for an Assistant Director of Development, PSU Arts. This position will be responsible for advancing fundraising efforts and managing strong relationships for a select portfolio of prospects. The Assistant Director of Development will also work collaboratively with other foundation employees, university faculty and administration to plan and implement solicitation strategies for university priorities.
Specifically, the Assistant Director of Development for PSU Arts will work as a part of the development team that advances relationships and support for the College of the Arts, Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art at PSU and the PSU art collection, partnering with the dean, museum director and faculty/staff to support the philanthropic goals and priorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Provide broad-based prospect and project management support to unit team. Manage special projects and maintain annual and other donor stewardship procedures and collateral with appropriate unit and PSU Foundation staff such as, but not limited to, program, scholarship and endowment reporting.
• Increase gift revenue while broadening the pipeline for special, major and principal gifts.
• Develop and maintain strong solicitation, engagement and stewardship approaches for key constituencies (alumni, faculty, staff and donors).
• Prioritize high value opportunities to engage donors in making transformational differences in the lives of students, faculty, programs and learning spaces.
• Participate in annual and strategic development planning that continuously improves fundraising and engagement.
• Coordinate database list requests from unit partners and provide reporting support to university partners.
• Attend and assist with development-related events.
• Positively represent the PSU Foundation and the University in public and professional ways.
• May delegate work to Development Coordinator.
• Perform additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of two to three years of relevant fundraising experience, including proven success in securing five-figure gifts and grants.
• Fundraising experience in higher education preferred, particularly at a large, public institution or comparably complex organization with multiple stakeholders.
• Knowledge of Portland’s donor community, preferred.
The salary range for the Assistant Director of Development, PSU Arts is $44,700 – $55,900 (depending on experience).
We are proud to say that we have one of the leading benefit packages for Nonprofit organizations in Oregon. Highlights of our benefits package includes:
o 100% employer paid medical coverage on our “base-plan” for all enrolled employees. Three additional buy-up plans are offered.
o 34 days of paid time off every year starting from the day you are hired.
o 11 company paid holidays
o Up to 12% employer contributions to an eligible employee’s 401(k) plan
o Employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance coverage
o Portland State University affiliated employee benefits
To apply and for further information about employment at PSU Foundation and this position, please visit www.psuf.org/careers.
Portland State University Foundation