Hello! BIPOC women participants of all ages are needed for a video art project about sharing in a literary ritual.
in a two-hour session (from set-up to finish) we’ll set up an interview-like composition and then you’ll listen to short creative writing phrases and texts on headphones while saying them back as I record you. It is a simple exercise, and also a literary ritual where you pay attention to writing (my text and others) in a different way.
-non-binary people and trans women are also welcome
– It will be outdoors in a park, I can come to a park near you.
– It will take around two hours from set-up to finish. You’ll be paid $100, and you’ll also receive some quality still-image portraits.
– We can do the session on your schedule.
-If you’d like to bring a friend please do!
– No acting experience is necessary. I’m not looking for a perfect recitation of a poem. If you say it perfectly, that’s fine too, but it’s not about getting the words exactly right.
– If you’d like to use your own creative writing to repeat back this is welcome, but not required, let me know and I can tell you more.
– It will be a respectful and calm environment. It will be fun and interesting!
– see an example of a past similar project here. https://vimeo.com/sarahrushford/threeletters
Hi, I’m Sarah Rushford, a Portland video artist, writer, teacher, student, and mom. I’m working on this experimental video project titled ” You know you know how” about seeking an alternative way of publishing poems, witnessing, and sharing in a literary ritual. The reason I’m looking for BIPOC participants is that, while the project isn’t specifically about race, it’s necessary to include many different people from a range of racial backgrounds and ages. So far, BIPOC, Black, white, and multiracial people have participated. I hope we can work together on this project. If you have any concerns I am happy to chat about it, please send an email, and/or then we can chat on the phone or zoom.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org asap to learn more and/or set up your session. I am scheduling sessions now and through August.