Third Rail Repertory Theatre seeks a bookkeeper. Position reports to Managing Artistic Director and works with the Fiscal Manager and Board of Directors.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “Bookkeeper Application” in the subject line.
Third Rail Repertory Theatre is seeking an experienced non-profit bookkeeper that can effectively maintain the organization’s financial reporting and day-to-day activities.
Position duties include processing accounts payable, invoices, bank deposits, preparing business compliance filings, payroll and employee benefits, managing fiscal reviews and audits, and preparing monthly financial reports for board and management review. The appropriate candidate will have an extensive background and knowledge of financial accounting principles, non-profit accounting and have experience with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
The position requires a detail-oriented self-starter who has the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Experience with non-profit theatre organizations a plus. This is a part-time hourly position of 6-10 hours per week. Pay rate is dependent on experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Responsible for accurate entry of data into QuickBooks Online.
– Manage and maintain the integrity of QuickBooks Online data.
– Ensure that correct procedures are followed and appropriate documentation exists for all bookkeeping transactions (i.e., check requests, invoices, billing, credit card expenses).
– Prepare and make payments in a timely fashion.
– Organize and file payment records and documentation.
– Receive payments, ensure correct documentation and recordkeeping and make bank deposits.
– Reconcile bank and credit card statements on a monthly basis.
– Assist as needed in preparing financial supplemental reports for grants.
– Ensure that receivables are collected promptly and event settlement tracking and royalty payments are processed.
– Provide accurate and necessary information to support the annual review or audit process.
– Assist with preparation of documents for Accountant preparing 990 and C-12.
– Maintain cash ledger and manage petty cash.
– Process biweekly & weekly payroll.
– Maintain employee records (W2 and I-9 forms) including use of paid, holiday, and sick time off.
– Manage the administration of the yearly 1099 and W-2 reporting.
– Execute Equity contracts with regards to payments, reporting, and weekly dues.
– Maintain chart of accounts.
– Pay monthly, quarterly, and yearly taxes.
– Advise in developing and executing solid bookkeeping policies and procedures.
Education and Skills Required:
– 3+ years of non-profit bookkeeping experience or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
– Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
– Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Google Workspace.
– Display enthusiasm and a willingness to take ownership of accounting duties, and create increased efficiency in systems and practices.
– Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work well with others.
– Highly organized self-starter.
– A good sense of humor and a passion for theatre preferred.
About Third Rail Repertory Theatre:
The mission of Third Rail Repertory Theatre is to provide a dynamic artistic home for theatre audiences in Portland by fostering a professional local company, which, through collaboration and discipline, brings to life exceptional stories that provoke dialogue, encourage empathy, and inspire curiosity.
Third Rail Repertory Theatre was born in 2003 from a desire to deliver artistic excellence to Portland audiences on a consistent basis. Like the Group Theatre of the 1930s and Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre, Third Rail’s permanent ensemble shares an esthetic, a vocabulary, and an understanding of each other’s working styles. This means that great risks can be taken quickly, and thus great dramatic (and comic) potential is tapped. The result for theatergoers is productions that are surprising, thought-provoking, and above all, consistently entertaining.
Third Rail Repertory Theatre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Third Rail complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees.
Third Rail Repertory Theatre
PO Box 96063
Portland, OR 97296