Box Office Manager
Full time, exempt
Reports to Patron Services Manager
Availability: 40 hr/week, Mon – Fri with some evening and weekend hours required based on seasonal needs
Salary: $42,000/year, full benefits
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Box Office Manager oversees administrative duties of the box office including, but not limited to, patron assistance via phone and email, season seating, group sales, and the supervision of department policies, procedures, and ticket pricing. The Box Office Manager reports directly to the Patron Services Manager and also works closely with the marketing staff.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is committed to its work in improving its equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts and fostering an environment where all people are welcome. We look forward to welcoming applications from a diverse pool of applicants. Broadway Rose provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
• Manages day to day box office reporting and procedures such as End of Day financial reports, ticket sales data, season reports, hold codes, etc.
• Oversees season tickets for the majority of patrons, which includes seating, pricing, and the creation of all relevant sales forms
• Manages the sales, marketing tactics, and communication for group sales
• Updates dynamic ticket pricing, source codes, appeals, and offers within Tessitura, the company’s ticketing system
• Updates and manages the direct sales portion of the Broadway Rose website using Tessitura’s web extension
• Responds to patron emails and calls as needed
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years’ experience in box office or similar patron services work preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have reliable transportation
• Excellent cash handling and reconciliation skills
• Interest and/or appreciation of musical theater
o Microsoft Office suite
o Box Office CRM software
Tessitura experience preferred
o Web Design Experience a plus, though not required
Standard office environment with overlapping phone conversations, computer, and printer noise. Position requires ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, and phone system.
Salary: Full-time (40 hours per week) exempt position. In summer, position will work Tuesday – Saturday with some evenings, then revert to Monday – Friday with few evenings in late August. Starting salary at $42,000/year plus benefits (health, vision, dental insurance).
Start Date: June 5, 2023
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Tyler Kubat, Patron Services Manager
12850 SW Grant Ave. Tigard OR 97223