Broadway Rose Theatre Company
Box Office Associate – Part Time, Non-Exempt
Position begins August 27, 2018
The Box Office Associate serves as the front-line box office representative, providing excellent service over the phone and at the box office counter by selling single and season tickets, answering questions about Broadway Rose Theatre Company, and assisting with day to day box office operations. The Box Office Associate reports directly to the Patron Services Manager, but also works closely with group sales, front-of-house and marketing staff.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is committed to its work in improving its equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts and fostering an environment where all people are welcome. We look forward to welcoming applications from a diverse pool of applicants. Broadway Rose provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide excellent customer service to all patrons over the phone, by email, and in person.
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn and operate CRM software (Tessitura), and MS Office suites.
• Help manage ticket inventory and provide ticketing services for all BRTC subscribers and single ticket patrons, and for other BRTC events or activities as needed.
• Review online purchases and assist with daily patron services operations.
• Communicate and report any customer service issues that may need special attention to the Patron Services Manager and House Manager.
• Assist with Marketing, data entry, and other administrative projects.
Essential skills and experience:
• 2+ years experience in customer services or sales preferred
• 1+ year of box office experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills. Fluency in written and verbal Spanish a plus.
• Ability to work comfortably with computers.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Be able to lift 10-20 Lbs. Given the architecture of our building, the box office associate must be able to sit on an elevated stool
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Excellent cash handling and reconciliation skills.
• Ability to work well with others, including a wide variety of theatre staff members.
• Interest and/ or an appreciation of theater, especially musical theater.
This is a half to three-quarter time position with varied hours depending on current productions. Person in this position must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include some day, evening and weekend hours. More details available upon request.
Hourly Wage: Rate is based on experience.
To apply, please send a copy of a resume, along with cover letter and three references if available to firstname.lastname@example.org
12850 SW Grant Ave, Tigard, OR 97223