PHAME is a fine and performing arts academy serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Offering three ten-week terms of arts-based classes each year, as well as a rigorous performance program, PHAME empowers students to learn new skills, take artistic risks, and build lasting relationships with people who share their experience of having a disability.
PHAME is built upon the belief that art is for everyone, and that our community is stronger when it champions opportunities for all. With that in mind, PHAME brings passion, joy, and rigor to arts education and performance.
The Campus Coordinator (CC) reports to the Enrollment and Campus Operations Manager and assists with campus needs of PHAME students and Teaching Artists during school operating times. The CC oversees the general school space during program hours, acting as the point person for visitors, TriMet LIFT drivers, and those picking up students. The CC always maintains a safe environment in the space, including following COVID-19 protocols and procedures, which may include providing health screenings or temperature checks at the door and overseeing that students and guests are complying with these procedures. The CC may support internal and external events on and off campus as needed. The CC opens and closes the school campus and is responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of the program space.
• Position type: Part-time, 10–15 hours per week
• Pay rate: Hourly, $19.08
• Work schedule during the fall term classes (October 3–December 15, 2022):
— Mondays, 10:00am–4:45pm (near Lloyd Center in NE Portland)
— Wednesdays, 10:15am–5:45pm (Patricia Reser Center for the Arts in Beaverton)
— Monthly staff meeting on the first Friday of the month, 10:00am–12:00pm
— One-time training on September 29, 10:00am–1:00pm
— Work schedule for future terms will be negotiated based on class schedule and availability
• Transportation: Having access to a car or other reliable transportation is required
• Reports to: Enrollment and Campus Operations Manager
• Exempt status: Non-exempt
• Holiday pay benefit: PHAME observes 10+ annual holidays; employee will be paid for regularly scheduled hours that fall on those holidays
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
CAMPUS OPERATIONS (90% time)
• Manage day-to-day operations on campus
• Monitor students outside of classes and at student events for the purpose of ensuring student compliance with established policies and regulations, maintaining a safe and positive learning environment, and securing the facility
• Complete COVID-19 screening at entrances to campus and oversee student and guest compliance with protocols
• Perform opening and closing procedures for campus including moderate lifting of tables and chairs, light cleanup of campus spaces, and securing the building at the end of the day
• Assist with TriMet LIFT pickups and dropoffs
• Perform administrative tasks such as taking attendance and providing students with nametags
• Follow proper emergency and incident reporting procedures
• Facilitate student mediation during interpersonal conflicts
ADMINISTRATIVE (10% time)
• Participate in monthly staff meetings
• Review and contribute to “Strategies & Insights” student information document used by all staff
• Write incident reports
• Perform additional administrative tasks as assigned
• Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred
• At least three years of progressively responsible work experience
• Verbal, written, and organizational skills
• Ability to facilitate conflict resolution
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise diplomacy and discretion
• Ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making capabilities
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
• Percentage of time spent sitting, standing, moving: approximately 50% sitting,
50% standing and/or moving
• Weight lifting requirement: 50 lbs
• Bending requirement: moderate
• Screen time: minimal
• Meeting responsibilities: minimal
• Type of decision making/problem solving: complex
• Percentage of position that can be worked remote: 0%
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICIES
PHAME requires all office staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (including booster, if eligible). The office is equipped with virus-level air purifiers. As we enter the endemic phase of this pandemic, safety policies will be modified to align with fluctuating transmission levels and hospitalizations in our area.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, September 23 to Alex Geffel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “PHAME Campus Coordinator” in your email subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Successful applicants will be asked to provide two or more professional references. This position will require a criminal and sex offender background check before hiring.
People with disabilities and candidates of color are especially encouraged to apply.
PHAME Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Near Lloyd Center in NE Portland; Patricia Reser Center for the Arts in Beaverton