NW Dance Project is seeking to fill our open Communications Coordinator staff position. This will begin as an hourly (32-34 hours-per-week) position with the potential for promotion to a full-time, salaried, fully-benefitted (100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance) position. This position requires some evening and/or weekend hours, work, as well as travel primarily within in the Portland area. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Artistic and Executive Directors, and is supported by multiple experienced team members.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
– Collateral organization for all departments — artistic, education, development, marketing
– Collateral distribution — dance schools, community centers, arts groups
– Web updates and management
– Digitally archive photos, music, performance and rehearsal videos in Dropbox and file all physical collateral materials such as brochures, posters, and show cards
– Electronic newsletter and promotional materials scheduling, creation, and distribution
– Survey distribution and reporting
– Organization and distribution of touring media and presenter packets
– Strategy execution for social channels and paid digital advertising
– Data reporting with insights on digital activities
– Perform general administrative duties
Requirements / Desired Qualification:
– Bachelor’s degree or beyond (or work experience equivalent)
– Administrative experience, preferably in non-profit and/or arts sector
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media sites, WordPress, DropBox, digital file management, digital photography, video capture and editing, various on-line management platforms
– Social and media expert with 2-3 years experience
– Understanding of how social media fits within marketing and communications mix
– Experience with social media scheduling, Google Analytics, Google Ad words
– Working knowledge of Facebook advertising, remarketing, and conversion tracking
– Experience in copywriting
– Graphic and production design (strong plus)
– Ability to meet hard deadlines with strong management skills
– Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
– Professional demeanor for events with patrons, board members, donors, students, and families
– Passionate about customer service and creating positive experiences for communities
– Interest in non-profit arts management and dance
– Comfortable working evenings and weekends as required
– Ability to be both self-directed and to work in differently-sized teams
– Sense of humor and mature, respectful nature
NW Dance Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion or sexual orientation. Applicants of color are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020.
To apply, please e-mail your rèsumè, a letter of introduction and interest, indication of availability, at least two professional business writing samples and at least one social media post to email@example.com (subject line: Communication Coordinator position application).
Applicants will be contacted via email if we wish to proceed to an interview.