Term of Contract: five (5) months, August-December 2022
Possible option to extend the contract based on how the organizational needs of the development department evolve alongside the timeline for hiring a permanent Director of Philanthropy.
$2,500 a month at $100 per hour
Approx. 25 hours per month for six (6) months
Deadline to Apply: 31 July 2022
Estimated Scope + Hours
This contract position will support the fundraising team, led by the Interim Development Director, while we work to hire a full-time Director of Growth. The position does not oversee any staff and will conduct fundraising work on behalf of the organization with some support from program and communications staff, as well as the Leadership Team. The successful fundraiser at Open Signal will push to create fundraising models that embrace Community-Centric Fundraising Principles and challenge traditional funder/nonprofit power dynamics.
GRANTS + SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
– Grant writing: mix of 3-5 proposals and reports per month
– Prospect research
– Support staff to submit grant reports
– Draft org-wide boilerplate grant language
– Create 1-pagers for org programs + events
– Attend weekly department meetings
– Regularly use CiviCRM and Nextcloud to track grant data and processes
– Design and implement grant tracking systems
– A minimum of two years experience in grant writing
– Excellent knowledge of proposal submission, fundraising processes
– Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements
– Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent time management skills and attention to detail is a must
– Commitment to racial justice is essential
Open Signal is a growing media arts center based in Portland, Oregon with a commitment to equity and experimentation. Primarily funded through a roughly $2M multi-year grant agreement with The City of Portland since 1981, Open Signal began raising additional funds in earnest for the first time in 2017. Greatest early fundraising success and momentum come from local grants with the addition of a couple of national funders. There is tremendous opportunity for growth. In FY21, Open Signal raised nearly $600,000 through grants, and this contract position will focus on sustaining or growing this funding stream through FY23.
Please send us the following:
– A brief description of your background and why you would be a good fit for this project;
– 250 words max
– Resume; 2 pages max
– Writing sample; 5 pages max
– Prepare to share 2 professional references upon request
– Please include your full name in the file names of your application materials. Application materials should be submitted via email to development [at] opensignalpdx.org by 31 July 2022 with the subject line: “OS Grant Manager – [Your Name]”.