The City of Portland is seeking candidates to serve as our next Creative Laureate and the official ambassador for the broader creative community in Portland, Oregon.
Portland’s Creative Laureate can be from any creative industry, including painters, potters, dancers, musicians, writers, poets, filmmakers, crafters, makers, or anyone who feels they represent the broader creative community.
The next Creative Laureate will be expected to actively participate in a select number of public events, public speaking engagements, workshops, and displays or presentations of their own artistic work, as well as interactions with the media.
Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Record of high quality work.
- Connection to the broader arts community.
- Willingness to serve a 2-year term.
- Commitment to meet the expectations and time requirements of this volunteer position.
- A personal commitment to equity and expanding access to the arts
In no more than 1-2 pages, please answer each of the following questions:
- Why do you want to be the City of Portland’s Creative Laureate?
- What qualifications do you have that would make you a successful Creative Laureate?
- What do you hope to accomplish during your time as the City of Portland’s Creative Laureate?
Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Friday, December 15, 2017. Applications must include a resume or CV as attachment.