A professional artist for over twenty years, Eugenia Pardue has showed her work internationally and has been collected by numerous corporations and individuals. She has commissioned works in the Presidential Suite in the Nines Hotel, Portland OR, Tiffany’s & Co., and The Ritz-Carlton Tyson Center in Washington DC.
Pardue combines symbolism and innovation of the medium of paint to speak to a new dialog in painting. Creating hand-sculpted paintings she grounds herself in the process and materials. Each piece elicits a visceral reaction while making associations with the natural world of flora and fauna. Her language is about beauty and is both visual and descriptive. Her art reflects upon the past of Baroque elegance where design evoked the majesty of nature and these elements were metaphors for the human condition.
In an effort to expand her repertoire, we are in the early stages of developing a series of product lines such as hand-made scarves, wallpaper, tile, and jewelry. We are seeking a proficient design student who is interested in working closely with Eugenia to transform her line drawings into patterns and new forms. This is a fairly low commitment project where the intern will work with Eugenia in her studio generating ideas and will then spend time working alone on realizing those ideas. The speed and proficiency of the interns Illustrator skills will determine how much time is required. This is a new position that will take shape in process. Flexibility and open-mindedness will be essential skills.
– Currently enrolled in an academic program where the undergraduate can receive credit through their institution
– Undergraduate studying design and/or illustration
– Self-motivated, willing to take risks, honest, loves what they do curious, passionate, positive attitude, flexible, interested in collaboration
– Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
– Punctual and responsible
– Student must have access to a laptop with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
How To Apply:
Please email a letter of interest* and 3-5 examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
* In your letter of interest please tell us a little about yourself, what inspires you, what you create, why you are interested in this position and what makes you a good candidate.
2127 North Albina, Portland OR