Director of Facilities Planning and Projects
Northwest Academy is seeking an experienced candidate to manage and collaborate in re-envisioning a recently acquired three-building campus of existing buildings at SW 12th and Jefferson. The position would likely require full time availability to ramp up, then may be able to transition to ¾ time depending on workload. This position reports to the Head of School and works closely with the Campus Management Committee & the Northwest Academy Board.
● Contract & consultant management–Review, negotiate, and manage ongoing professional services contracts. Understand roles, priorities, understand how to choose the right fit, defining the scope of work, managing their product, disseminating that info to the right people back at NWA
● Oversight of tenant-owner improvements–Management of design and planning consultants and contractors for Northwest Academy tenancies –review of plans and permits, costs, scheduling, and value engineering
● Design, construction and permitting experience–Ability to read construction drawings, review architectural plans, and track permits
● Permit management–Understanding when permits are required, obtaining permits, reviewing for completeness and accuracy. Ensuring submittal and “finaled”
● Budgeting & Financing–Build and manage budgets, how to finance it, how to amortize it, work directly with the CFO, need to have the vocabulary and knowledge to work with the CFO, Skills – strong excel.
● Work with the Building engineer to assemble historical documents, document processes and protocols for maintenance of existing buildings, ensure annual energy reporting to the City, to plan, maintain and operate.
● Oversight & Management of the Property Manager– Understand the scope of deferred maintenance, provide strategic planning to address this (need experience), get assessments and comparative bids, warranties, and understand tradeoffs to be able to communicate with management and leadership. (e.g. Jefferson needs a new roof now) Need to be proactive with contractors given current delays and long time-lines to balance tenant needs. Assist with negotiating leases with incoming tenants and renewals with existing tenants.
● Managing small TI’s for Incoming New tenants–Obtaining bids, reviewing bids, and manage contractor and product bids
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES & SKILL SET
● Highly organized
● Strong communication
● Highly skilled with excel
● Experience managing budgets & timelines
● Strong project management abilities and background
● Ability to synthesize extensive data to make strategic recommendation for priority action items aligned with budgets
● Ability to sequence short term improvements versus longer term plans
● Creative problem solver
● Commitment to sustainability and green buildings
● Master’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or a related field OR A Bachelor’s Degree in one of the above areas with three years’ directly related experience.
● Professional experience in architecture, planning, construction and project management experience, preferably with facilities and/or portfolio management experience.
Ideal Candidate Description: Experienced project manager with 5-10 years of experience managing complex projects, budgets, timelines, and stakeholders. You have excellent communication skills, including the ability to ask when you don’t know, know what questions to ask, know when you don’t know and know who to talk to when you don’t have the answer. Also, highly organized, ability to develop processes and protocols. Opportunity to create a process. Comfortable working independently, with supervision, or in a team environment.
Part Time/Full time: 20-40 hours, Salary range – $75,000-$100,000
If you are interested in this position, please email: email@example.com.
NW Academy, 1130 SW Main St, Ptld OR 97205