Position: Director of Patron Services and Communication
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 per year
FLSA Status: Full-time with benefits, Exempt
Please note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a prerequisite for employment. White Bird will consider exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
The Director of Patron Services and Communications (DPSC) will oversee ticket sales, subscriptions, and all customer engagement functions of White Bird to achieve both short and long-term budget revenue/retention numbers and customer experience goals. The DPSC will also work collaboratively with White Bird’s Executive Director to develop and execute a marketing strategy that effectively tells White Bird’s story and promotes its varied programming. The DPSC reports directly to White Bird’s Executive Director.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage all sales, ticket inventory, patron accounts and customer service through its online ticketing platform and CRM, Arts People. Provide outstanding customer service—by phone, online and in-person—at all times to subscribers, single ticket-buyers, donors, and all White Bird constituents.
• Work with White Bird Executive Director and Co-Founders to set strategic goals for ticket sales, customer engagement (including customer satisfaction and customer service), and develop and implement the tactical plans required to achieve those goals.
• Initiate and oversee annual new season set-up, renewals, and venue build.
• Assist Executive Director and Bookkeeper with ticket sales reconciliations to prevent accounting and auditing discrepancies.
• Manage Will Call Window/Table at all performances and troubleshoot all ticket and seating problems in coordination with theatre House Management staff.
• Provide on-site support at all White Bird performances and outreach events, including managing Will Call, training and instructing White Bird volunteers, and troubleshooting ticket and seating concerns in collaboration with White Bird and performance venue staff.
• Collaborate with Executive Director to develop marketing strategies, including email communications, advertisements, and all online web based promotional efforts.
• Act as liaison between White Bird and the Portland’5/Lincoln Hall/Reser Center (Beaverton) Box Offices with regards to customer service and in-venue needs.
• Work with Executive Director on drafting all external messaging – including press releases, eblasts, advertising and website copy. Optimize the reach and clarity of all communications channels in tandem with media outlets, advertising partners, and vendors.
• Stay abreast of latest relevant technology, trends, and best practices.
Successful applicants will be familiar with, and preferably have a documented fluency in, the following:
• Database/Customer Relationship Management (Arts People experience a plus)
• The Arts generally, and Dance specifically
• Teamwork and collaboration tools (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook experience a plus)
• Social Media Account Management
• Anti-Racism, both in philosophy and in practice
• Budgeting and Reporting (Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel experience a plus)
• Customer Service and Communications Skills, both written and spoken
• Volunteer and Intern Management
• Basic Graphic Design and Video Editing (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere experience a plus)
• Website Building Platforms, Search Engine Optimization, and Web Traffic Analysis (Wix and Google Analytics experience a plus)
For more information, please visit https://www.whitebird.org/employment
Please email a resumé, cover letter, and the contact information for three professional references to Graham Cole, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, but early application is highly recommended. The anticipated start date for this position is in mid October.