The Oregon Symphony is seeking a Director of Patron Services to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Symphony’s Ticket Office ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction when purchasing subscriptions, single tickets, and making donations by phone, in person, and online. The Patron Services Director also plays a key role in setting ticket prices and sales goals as well as collaborating with the marketing and development teams to produce a patron revenue model for meeting the organizations revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ticket Office (50%)
1. Manages Ticket Office staff and resources in support of the Symphony’s revenue goals (earned and contributed) by building patron loyalty through a superb customer service experience.
2. Works with the VP of Marketing to set prices and the ticket scaling for all concerts, to ensure that tickets are priced to meet marketplace demand and the inventory is dynamically managed to goals and maximum ticket sales potential.
3. Works with the VP for Marketing and Strategic Engagement to devise and implement all marketing campaigns, discounted offerings and pricing issues including inventory decisions to offer staff/musician complimentary tickets and notification to employees thereof.
4. Supervises Ticket Office Manager and provides support with direction of Patron Service Representatives.
5. Schedules ticket office staff both in the Ticket Office and at the Concert Hall; maintaining and reporting attendance data for payroll purposes.
6. Manages Front of House Manager and Will Call staffing schedule. Acts as alternate Front of House Manager, and is in rotation for hall work.
7. With Ticket Office Manager, recruits, trains, and monitors performance of all Patron Service Representatives assigned to the Ticket Office. Includes on-going audit of all Ticket Office transactions to assure accuracy and compliance with audit control requirements.
8. Audits daily cash listing prepared by the Ticket Office Manager.
9. Processes or directly supervises the issuance of all complimentary tickets in accordance with approval by VP for Marketing and Strategic Engagement.
10. With approval from the VP for Marketing and Strategic Engagement and input from the Ticket Office Manager, establishes and maintains a Patron Service Bonus Plan for all ticket office personnel.
11. Controls ticket inventory including placing appropriate “holds” for internal usage such as Development and sponsor holds, Artistic Operation’s seat kills and artist’s contractual comps, ADA compliance and inventory holds for fixed seat subscriptions.
12. Directly supervises all concert “builds” to ensure proper pricing and ticket printing.
13. Serves as concierge for VIP patron relationships.
14. Establishes annual calendar with Marketing and Design to ensure renewal notices, Subscription Ticket Packets and single tickets are processed and mailed in a timely manner for best customer service practice and revenue requirements.
15. Manages resolution of all patron complaints and issues.
Teleservices Department: (50%)
1. With Teleservices Manager, recruits, trains, and monitors performance of all Patron Services Representatives assigned to the Teleservices Room including random audit of transactions by the Patron Services Representatives and Teleservices Manager to assure accuracy and compliance with best audit control requirements.
2. Supervises Teleservices Manager and provides support with direction of Patron Service Representatives in the call center.
3. With Audience Development Manager, Teleservices Manager, and VP for Marketing and Strategic Engagement creates and implements incentive bonus plan for call center personnel to maximize revenue and sales within established budget.
4. Prepares attendance and payroll data and submit bi-weekly to Finance. Provides updated staffing costs to VP, Finance and Administration to ensure budget requirements are met.
5. With input from the Teleservices Manager and Development Membership Manager, establishes and supervises the annual campaign call calendar to ensure all income goals for both departments are achieved.
6. With input from the Teleservices Manager and Development Membership Manager, creates and evaluates proper “scripting” and sales call efficiency.
1. Participates in marketing meetings and strategic planning.
2. Serve as point person for all incoming “Symphony-in-E-mail” correspondence from Patrons.
3. Serves as a proof reader for all marketing and ticketing materials to ensure accuracy.
4. With Production Manager, manages inventory and marketing material to ensure necessary resources and budget compliance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of Tessitura Database software; Microsoft Office and Internet software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word for Windows software
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required; CPR preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to work evenings and weekends during the performance season.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Exceptional customer service focus; Strong organization, motivation, communication and problem-solving skills; Appreciation for live symphonic music a plus; Sense of humor.
The Oregon Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We seek to develop a diverse candidate pool and welcome nominations and applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or national origin.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Position is open until filled.