Title: Director of Philanthropy
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Compensation: $90,000 – $110,000 annually depending on experience, plus performance bonuses. Read about our comprehensive benefits below.
Reports to: Founder
Location: Hybrid. Ideally located in the Pacific Northwest, but open to relocation to Oregon, or remote work in any U.S. location with occasional trips to Portland, Oregon. A modest relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
To Apply: Please introduce yourself to us by sending a cover letter and current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
ABOUT CWAYS HOME
CWays Home is founded on the very ancient belief of animism, that everything in creation has spiritual properties and are an expression of the Divine. This view honors the most common, foundational thread of indigenous peoples’ spiritual perspectives, those who have lived in harmony with this Earth for millennia. Everything in existence, including non-human life, all aspects of Nature, all peoples are sacred and have “soul” or spiritual potency.
“Our primary purpose is to reconnect each person to their own original, essential, sacred wisdom by creating diverse learning environments, ones that engender experiences of spiritual wonder, and beauty, leading to a sense of unity, of profound love and connection for self, others and all the Earth.”
~ Namae Ntumae, Founder
The organization uses a variety of therapeutic altered states practices, including shamanic breathwork, psychedelics, ecstatic practices, emotional release arts, sacred sexuality and biomimicry that assist its practitioners to connect with all forms of spiritual awareness, and trains facilitators and Guides of the Heart. We incorporate multifaceted consciousness raising and scientific research to create experiences that engender the sense of belonging, and the desire to be of service for ourselves and future generations, by acknowledging the sacredness of all Life.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
You will be working closely with the founder of CWays Home, who has been doing deep transformational work, with herself and others, for over 40 years. Namae Ntumae is a person whose generosity and care follows the Beauty Way, holding a profoundly loving and safe container for all aspects of the work. She is exceptionally skilled, has over 30 years experience as a guide and facilitator and has an authentic relationship with the spiritual potency of Nature, the real intelligence guiding the organization. Her visions for the non-profit span many generations and your role will be to help her and CWays Home adapt to the fast-changing world of training psychedelic assisted therapists, guides and artists, to ensure the viability of effective, heart-based tools of transformation for generations to come.
CWAYS HOME VALUES
1. Everything and everyone is sacred
2. Nature guides us and we mimic what Nature does
3. Engender trust and joy with each other
4. Follow the Beauty Way
5. Be care-full everywhere
6. Be Aware in liminal spaces
7. Appreciate the overall vision will take many generations to realize,
whilst knowing that our every action contributes to that vision
You are honest, trustworthy, and committed, consistently doing what you say will you do. You are a clear communicator with a wide variety of tools in your communications toolbox. You are great project manager with an eye for systems and supporting the work of a creative visionary (the Founder). You are emotionally sensitive, valuing respect, transparency and harmony in work relationships, and knowing how to manage your own stress in a healthy way. You are comfortable with the responsibilities and functions of this position and the feminine nature of the organization. Most importantly, you have a love of and care of, and direct relationship with Nature. You have gone through a personal journey with, and have a love of, altered states and consciousness changing materials and technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Director of Development, you will be an enthusiastic and creative fundraiser, strategizing and implementing comprehensive fundraising campaigns, building relationships, and generating the revenue necessary to realize our Founder’s vision. Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Developing comprehensive fundraising campaigns that can raise operating capital for the organization. The organization is beginning a comprehensive fundraising campaign that seeks to raise seven figures in the next 2-3 years.
• Act as the organization’s primary front-line fundraiser, soliciting high-level gifts from individuals.
• Refine and maximize the organization’s membership program.
• Research and apply for grant opportunities from philanthropists, foundations and other funding entities.
• Re-energize and re-engage the organization’s base of supporters as the organization expands its reach and impact.
• Build relationships with supporters, community leaders, academics and researchers, government officials, and other like-minded organizations to benefit CWays Home, both in the USA and overseas.
• Other related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE
• 5+ years in fundraising, including demonstrable results as a front-line fundraiser securing and renewing gifts from individuals and foundations. Experience with a capital or comprehensive campaign is desirable.
• Proven record of securing high-level gifts and stewardship of fundraising relationships.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to form clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
• Entrepreneurial skills in developing cultivation strategies and presentation materials.
• Curiosity, tenacity, and the ability to learn and grow with the organization.
• An interest in and knowledge of the altered states and psychedelics industry. Ideally, with existing relationships with key players within the industry.
Don’t meet every qualification, but still believe you can make a difference? Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job posting describes you, then please apply for this role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary for this exempt position will be in the range of $90,000 – $110,000 annually based on experience. Financial based performance bonuses will be available upon meeting specific fundraising goals and timelines. In addition, we provide health insurance on the first of the month after 60 days (fully employer-paid), two weeks’ paid time off annually, plus 9 paid holidays, opportunity to contribute to a Roth retirement account, and other state-mandated benefits. A modest relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate. Following 12 months of employment, you will have access to discounted CWays Home programming.
While we are proud to offer competitive salary and traditional benefits, we also realize that some of the most important benefits are not financial. We have a commitment to walking our talk of raising consciousness and being guided by Nature. We respect and care for each other. We value each other, our lives outside of work, our families, our health and wellbeing, our creativity and hobbies, and our emotional and spiritual needs. We practice flexible working hours and locations. When there is work to be done, we work hard, with long hours to accomplish our goals. When the flow ebbs, we ease back and smell the roses. We take time off when we need to. Suffering is optional.