Submit Your Art between NOW through August 15th (ONLINE)
• What does community mean to you? How has community changed?
• How do neighborhoods bring us together? How do they keep us apart?
• What makes us resilient?
• What changes have you seen in NE Portland neighborhoods? How have these changes affected you?
Engage in the Change – Call for Art and Community Art Show – asks YOU to make art to reflect the neighborhoods and city where we live.
• Best 18 and Under: $100
• People’s Choice: $100
• Best of Show: $200
Deadline to make ART is August 15, 2020.
• Submit artwork online anytime between NOW and deadline
• Post submissions on this FB page or send to email@example.com w/ Engage Art in subject line
• Can include visual art; written poetry, spoken word, video, or song
• To be considered for prize for “Best 18 and Under,” note in your post if you are 18 and under.
• Please feel free to post photographs of works in progress or updates
A physical Community Art Show will be planned after August 15th, location and date TBD.
To be Considered for future, physical Community Art Show:
• Choose one piece of art to share with public
• For visual art, size limits: flat pieces can be no larger than 16 – 20 inches; and for 3-dimensional pieces can be no larger than 12″x12″x12″ (if larger, take photograph)
• For visual art, flat pieces must be ready to hang (need D-ring or wire hardware attached); and can be framed or not
• Entries will be dropped off at a date and location TBD and need to include information attached on a piece of paper to the back of the submission: Name, Email Address, Physical Address, Title, Medium
• This art show does not guard works of art against loss, destruction, damage or theft
This project was funded in part by the Regional Arts and Culture Council (RACC) and is connected to the Concordia Conversations event that happened January 12, 2020.
Online and NE Portland