This position is full-time, non-exempt. We are seeking a team-oriented individual to help us maintain, improve, and secure The Armory while providing leadership on cleaning needs in this unique space. We are seeking an individual with a flexible schedule to work in an active environment cleaning theater spaces, administrative offices, event spaces, and bathrooms, as well as assisting with maintenance and cleaning of exterior spaces. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, adaptable, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and be willing to take on occasionally heavy physical labor.
• Cleaning of the 56,000 square foot facility, including two theatre spaces, administrative offices, event space, public bathrooms, and the exterior park and cafe spaces by completing routine cleaning procedures and documenting work accordingly
• Instruct and lead the operations assistants in custodial duties and procedures
• Maintain and manage the janitorial supply inventory including sending order requests to the operations manager, keeping supplies stocked throughout the building, and maintaining the database of safety data sheets.
• Stay up-to-date on relevant cleaning requirements as they relate to public spaces and the ongoing Covid19 pandemic.
• Look for ways to improve efficiency and cleanliness by introducing new procedures, products, or ideas
• Send out daily checklists and shift reports
• Train new staff on facility cleaning procedures and develop training documents
• When applicable, liaise with outside custodial companies for comprehensive building cleaning
• Maintain awareness of activities and events in the building for the purpose of providing timely and appropriate service for each department
• Manage recycling and trash throughout the building
• Adhere to regulations and workplace safety rules
• Learn and uphold the PCS IDEA Community Guidelines as relates to all interactions within the broader PCS community
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience in janitorial and cleaning buildings and grounds of a large facility.
• Experience delegating work, identifying and prioritizing workloads.
• Passion for the arts, particularly theater, a plus
• Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and access
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to evaluate cleaning needs of a space
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong communication skills for interaction with staff, patrons, and rental clients.
• Proficient in use of materials, methods, practices and equipment used in building cleaning and maintenance.
• Manages time efficiently and appropriately, with the ability to learn show and event schedules to help identify special space considerations and priorities.
• Basic understanding of the Google Suite including email and Google Drive
• Ability to read and follow written reports, instructions and OSHA regulations.
• Interest in and understanding of theatre operations a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Must be comfortable working in an environment in which directions and priorities can change rapidly.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time and reach restricted spaces.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Schedule changes depending on building requirements, must be flexible and able to work nights and weekends.
Salary & Benefits
• $19.45 per hour.
• Position is full-time, non-exempt.
• Medical benefits, including health, dental and vision available 1st day of month following hire. 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
• Generous paid time off policy.
• Complimentary tickets to PCS productions.
● Visit pcs.org/jobs and click on the job title to apply through our online system.
● For accommodations in the application process, please reach out to the Human Resources team via email at email@example.com or by mail at 128 NW 11th Ave. Portland, OR 97209.
Portland Center Stage is committed to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. PCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity. Learn more about our commitment and expectations at https://www.pcs.org/idea and https://www.pcs.org/social-justice-at-pcs-our-commitment-to-anti-racist-theater.
128 NW 11th Ave Portland, OR 97209