The Ashland Independent Film Festival is looking for a Filmmaker Liaison to join our team for the 2017 festival. The Filmmaker Liaison is responsible for managing all filmmaker logistics including communication, administration, transportation, lodging and hospitality for the 90+ official filmmakers and their films for the non-profit Ashland Independent Film Festival held April 6-10, 2017.
This is a full-time temporary (January 5 – April 15, 2017) contract and lodging is not provided, so candidate must secure affordable local housing.
• Communicate directly with filmmakers (and/or their distributors) from pre-notification, post-notification, pre-festival, during festival and post-festival stages.
• Coordinate logistics for attending filmmakers (with staff and volunteers): housing, transportation, film and party tickets, itineraries, film Q&As, panels, special requests, etc. before and during the festival.
• Maintain accurate, timely and efficient records and reports including extensive Salesforce data entry.
• Update, secure and distribute all filmmaker documents, forms, screening agreements, invoices, contracts, etc.
• Assist Publications Coordinator where needed to help secure, edit and proof bio and synopsis copy for program, website, and other promotional needs in coordination with staff.
• Manage inventory of promotional materials, posters, flyers, etc.
• Coordinate all aspects of Filmmaker Hospitality Suite and supervise Suite Managers.
• Coordinate with Transportation Manager(s) on all aspects of filmmaker transportation.
• Evenings and weekends may be required for this position, and are required April 6-10, 2017.
• The activities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
• BA, related degree or equivalent work experience in festival, hospitality or event planning preferred
• Understanding of, and appreciation for, the AIFF’s mission
• Ability to work with constituents in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and under deadline pressure
• Ability to lift and manipulate up to 40 lbs
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Ability to work in collaboration with a team
• Ability to learn and effectively utilize Salesforce constituent relationship management database system
• Intermediate or advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and MailChimp
• Ability to sit at computer for extended periods for majority of day
Application Materials: The application deadline is December 23, 2016. We are looking to fill this position the week of January 2nd. Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com with “Filmmaker Liaison” in the subject line. Address your cover letter to Steven Remington, Executive Director. Please attach the requested materials as one complete PDF.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Ashland Independent Film Festival is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification by law.
Ashland Independent Film Festival Mission: Celebrate the diversity of human experience through the art of independent film by enriching, educating, and inspiring all audiences.