The Finance Manager reports to the Museum Director and oversees the financial management of the Museum by ensuring the financial stability, accuracy, and integrity of the Museum’s financial systems.
• Implements accounting and related financial activities of the Museum to ensure sound fiscal administration.
• Recommends policies and establishes internal control procedures to safeguard Museum assets. Implements accounting, financial, and retail systems and makes certain that they perform effectively; directs cash activities to maintain appropriate cash levels.
• Manages monthly payroll.
• Establishes and maintains accounting control over the Museum’s grants, operating reserve and endowment funds. Ensures that restricted donations are properly accounted for and that proper records are maintained of all temporarily restricted, funds.
• Prepares monthly financial reports to ensure the Museum’s financial condition is in accordance with guidelines established by the Director and Board. Provides regular reports of the Museum’s financial status to the Finance Committee. Prepares/maintains financial projections for long-range planning in consultation with Treasurer and Director.
• Manages the preparation of tax returns, information returns and related reports to ensure compliance with governmental reporting requirements in coordination with an external accounting firm.
• Database management as needed, including gift entry, reports and list management.
About the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education explores the legacy of the Jewish experience in Oregon, teaches the universal lessons of the Holocaust, and provides opportunities for intercultural conversation. OJMCHE challenges our visitors to resist indifference and discrimination and to envision a just and inclusive world.
OJMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.
724 NW Davis Street, Portland OR 97209