This position is full-time, non-exempt with an intended start date of November 1st, 2021. We are seeking a team-oriented individual to be a member of our Operations department to help us maintain, improve, and secure The Armory. The Operations Assistant is a swing position working with our Operations Lead and Custodial Lead in an active environment setting up and assisting with events, handling facility operations during productions, and performing facility maintenance, cleaning, and organization projects such as painting, fixture installation, and basic electrical work. The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule, be self-motivated, adaptable, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and be willing to take on occasionally heavy physical labor.
• Serving as the facilities staff member on site when building is open
• Overseeing the lobby during ingress and egress of crowds
• Working with the Custodial Lead on cleaning tasks including bathrooms, office spaces, theaters, and lobbies
• Setting up for public and private events as specified, including moving and setting up furniture
• Working with the Operations Manager and Operations Lead on essential tasks for maintenance and building improvement.
• Assisting with security and safety throughout the Armory
• Assisting house manager(s) during productions and events
• Assisting Events, Development, and Community Programs staff as needed for special events
• Engaging with patrons and guests during open hours as needed
• Learning and upholding the PCS IDEA Community Guidelines as relates to all interactions within the broader PCS community
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience or interest in any of the following a plus: building maintenance, technical theatre, customer service and/or carpentry skills
• Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and access
• Passion for the arts, particularly theater, a plus
Skills and Knowledge
• Basic understanding of how to use simple hand tools and power tools
• Basic carpentry, painting, plumbing and drywall repair
• Theater tech, lighting, sound and event AV skills
• Skilled at Google Suite and basic computer troubleshooting
• Must be able to take direction as needed
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
• Be focused, flexible and have great attention to detail
• Ability to build effective working relationships with co-workers
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be comfortable working with ladders and heights
• Must be able to work daytime, evening, and weekends depending on the events scheduled.
• Must be comfortable working in an environment in which directions and priorities can change rapidly.
Salary & Benefits
• Hourly rate of $16.50
• Medical benefits, including health, dental and vision available 1st day of month following hire. 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
• Generous paid time off policy.
• Complimentary tickets to PCS productions.
• Please apply online at https://www.pcs.org/jobs. Please ensure your application includes a cover letter and resume.
• For accommodations in the application process, please reach out to the Human Resources team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 128 NW 11th Ave. Portland, OR 97209.
Portland Center Stage is committed to advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. PCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity. Learn more about our commitment and expectations at https://www.pcs.org/idea and https://www.pcs.org/social-justice-at-pcs-our-commitment-to-anti-racist-theater.
128 NW 11th Ave Portland, OR 97209