Come join our team!
Job Title: Gallery Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
Work schedule: Full time, 40 hours/week, Tuesday – Saturday. Some evenings may be required for gallery events.
Blue Sky seeks a motivated, mature, and dedicated team player to join us in the position of Gallery Operations Manager. The Gallery Operations Manager is a crucial member of our small team, responsible for day-to-day operations of the gallery, along with managing the Blue Sky’s membership, sales and partnerships programs. The position requires a commitment to uphold Blue Sky’s Mission, Diversity Work and Core Values.
Scope of work:
– Executes daily opening and closing procedures for gallery’s public spaces.
– Greets and directs visitors. Build ways to enhance and measure visitor experience.
– Recruits and trains a corps of volunteers to assist with Gallery duties and programs. Manages internship program.
– Maintains gallery space, supplies and systems.
– Supports communications: mailing lists, email newsletter, social media, website, Blue Sky email account.
– Performs monthly reconciliation of sales and membership.
– Serves as primary contact for venue rentals and Nine Gallery.
– Maintains Blue Sky membership program including ongoing appeals, renewals, thank you letters, program incentives, and events.
– Oversees the use of member/donor database (Salesforce), including regular management, expanded use, interface with website platform (Squarespace), and monthly reporting.
– Develops and implements strategies for increased membership and ongoing stewardship to meet membership goals.
– Maintains communications with current members ie., face of membership.
– Manages annual Online Members Exhibition.
Print Sales Program
– Facilitates and processes print and book sales for Gallery Exhibitions and NW Drawers programs, including website sales.
– Maintains sales records, ensures artists are paid and work is delivered. Communicates with artists to replenish inventory.
– Helps to develop strategies for increased, targeted sales.
– Reconciles monthly sales reports.
Partnerships & Outreach
– Works with team and committees on digital and in-gallery programming, in concept and execution.
– Builds audience outreach opportunities and relationships around current and new programming, including with college & universities and area partners.
– Manages Corporate Sponsorship Program: Identifies partners, makes new connections, handles meetings, updates sponsorship benefits.
– Works with Exhibitions Manager on annual Pacific NW Drawers Call and Exhibition.
– Works with ED on individual giving and appeals – in content, schedule and execution.
– Works with Board and Staff on Strategic Planning initiatives.
Required Skills and Characteristics
· Working knowledge of database systems input and management, Microsoft Office applications, CRM databases (Salesforce), Google Suite, Zoom, Website management (Squarespace).
· Self-motivated with strong initiative; ability to work closely with a small group of dedicated people, handle multiple tasks simultaneously with good humor and strong communications skills.
· Desire to continue to build this position in line with Blue Sky’s mission and goals, particularly around DEI work and outreach efforts.
· Superior organizational skills: ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and problem-solve to complete projects on time and on budget.
· Dedication to teamwork; adaptability to situational demands and flexibility with organizational changes and updates.
· Understands the mechanics of small non-profit organizations; able to work with a diverse staff, volunteer corps, and board of directions.
· Professional experience working with patrons and volunteers at a nonprofit or commercial art gallery or similar organization.
· 1-3 years administering a nonprofit membership or sales program and its database; experience with programming and outreach.
· Demonstrated interested in the visual arts, particularly photography.
· BA, BFA, or equivalent.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Knowledge of the history of photography and/or familiarity with contemporary photographic practices/artists.
· 3-5 years administering a nonprofit membership or sales program and its database; experience with programming and outreach.
· Proficiency with Adobe applications for graphic design and photo editing
· Volunteer management experience.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary range: $48,000 to $53,000 (DOE) with a generous benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.
Work Environment: This position is part of a small team that works together frequently. This position is often the first point of contact for visitors and members. Onsite, in- gallery work is required. This is not a remote or virtual position. However, one (1) day WFH may be an option. Blue Sky requires that all staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as possible.
To Apply: Please submit Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 Professional References to: email@example.com. Please put “Gallery Manager” in subject line of email. Applications will be reviewed as received. Anticipated start date: on or before Sept 6, 2022.
122 NW 8th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209