Metro Art invites visual artists to respond to our 2020 Call to Artists with their qualifications. Metro Art commissions artists to create artworks that improve the transit customer experience and contribute to the artistic vibrancy of the communities we serve.
Deadline: Online submittal must be completed via SlideRoom at metroart.slideroom.com by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on December 9, 2019.
Interested artists are encouraged to learn more about the 2020 Artist Pool through our website at metro.net/artistpool.
• The Artist Pool will be one of the primary methods for inviting artists to apply for future Metro art opportunities.
• Opportunities include artwork integration within the built environment and short-term exhibitions in media such as lightboxes, posters and construction phase banners.
• Inclusion in the Artist Pool does not guarantee a commission.
• Professional artists working in two- and three-dimensional media at all career stages that are interested in creating art for the public realm. Prior public art experience is not a requirement.
• Artists who are legally authorized to work in the United States (per U.S. Department of Labor).
• Metro employees and contractors are not eligible.
About Metro Art
For more information about the Metro Art program, projects in the works, tours, events, publications and artist opportunities: