Major Gifts Officer
Title of Position: Major Gifts Officer
Position Type: Full-time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay/Benefits: Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Portland Opera’s benefit package includes: 100% employer paid medical and dental premiums for employee only, life insurance, LTD, family and medical leave, generous paid time off and holiday pay. In addition, our benefits include perks like complimentary tickets to opera productions and free parking at the Hampton Opera Center location.
Primary Location: The Hampton Opera Center, just south of The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in SE Portland, Oregon.
Description of Responsibilities: The Major Gifts Officer works closely with the Director of Development and General Director to develop and implement strategy for individual major gift donor relationship management (manage, nurture, upgrade) to meet short and long-term goals of the department. The primary objective of the Major Gifts Officer is to develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donor’s interests, passions and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND SOLICITATION (65%)
• Create, integrate and implement short, intermediate and long-term individual major gifts and private foundation major gift donor strategies with the Director of Development.
• Develop strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate, and long-term funding goals of the organization.
• Act as primary relationship manager for individual prospects of $2,500 or more/year to reach or exceed annual funding goals.
• Play lead role in prospecting major gifts.
• Manage relationship process for individual major gift donors including prospect solicitation, briefings with primary relationship managers.
• Cultivate and expand current giving by planned gift donors and integrate planned gift objectives into major individual donor requests in collaboration with Director of Development.
CULTIVATION AND STEWARDSHIP (25%)
• Plan and implement funding campaigns, events and activities (volunteer experiences, tours, receptions, etc.) for individual major gift donors using existing activities as appropriate.
• Execute major gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals and stewardship materials.
MONITORING AND REPORTING (10%)
• Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve major gift revenue goals.
• Assist with review and verification of major gift donor recognition lists.
• Track and report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current individual major donors.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should forward resume and cover letter to OperaJobs@portlandopera.org Please, no phone calls
For information about Portland Opera and to review the complete job description and requirements for this position, please visit our website at https://www.PortlandOpera.org/employment/
ABOUT PORTLAND OPERA
Our mission is to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. POA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
211 SE Caruthers St Portland Oregon 97214