ALLIED WORKS— MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER // PORTLAND, OR & BROOKLYN, NY
Allied Works is seeking a creative, enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Marketing and Communications Manager in either our Portland, OR, or Brooklyn, NY, office. You will collaborate with leadership to deliver engaging storytelling and coordinated content for communications that directly impact the firm’s visibility, reputation, and new commissions. You should be proactive and self-motivated but also enjoy working as part of a highly creative, boundary-pushing team. While deadlines and a fast pace are inherent in the role, the team prioritizes quality and relationship-driven cultivation. Foremost, your passion for design will be critical. There is no shortage of career growth opportunities for an individual who works with purpose and initiative to contribute to the firm’s success.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about design, with a drive to work on highly strategic and creative communications. Candidates must be experienced and engaged in the field of architecture and design with strong communication and graphic skills. The position focuses on business development, marketing, visual communication, digital asset management, and public relations, with an emphasis on securing new commissions.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate and build relationships with senior leaders and team members throughout the practice,
as well as consultants, and industry colleagues
• Strong graphic sensibility and an innate sense of how to communicate verbally and visually
• Excellent interpersonal skills underscored by focus and composure and an ability to work with teams
at various scales
• Highly organized with proven experience managing and updating content from multiple sources
• Experienced with outreach, requesting information, undertaking research, and compiling diverse content into usable forms
• Comfortable taking initiative and exhibiting a positive, approachable attitude
• Strong writing ability and editorial experience
• Experience with both InDesign and CRM is a strong plus
Desired Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Design, or related field
• 3-5 years of relevant experience working in a creative agency or design studio
• Prior design or architecture firm experience is a plus, but not a requirement
• Experience with Adobe Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop) is imperative
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Apple, and G-Suite applications, file sharing and print production
• Experience with website content maintenance
• Competitive salary
• Health, vision, and dental benefits (4 tiers to choose from)
• Generous and flexible Paid Time Off
• FSA plans
• 401k retirement savings plan and financial planning support
• Ability to work from home and remotely
• Bonus opportunities
• Opportunities for growth
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, self-starter looking for a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding role. To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Marketing and Communications Manager in the subject line. Work samples and references will be required of all shortlisted candidates.
About Allied Works:
Allied Works is a 40-person architecture and design practice with offices in Portland, Oregon, and New York City. Guided by principles of craft and innovation, Allied Works creates designs that inspire, resonate with their place and purpose, and provide new insight into their surrounding physical and cultural contexts.
Allied Works is widely recognized for our civic and cultural projects, among them the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver, the National Music Centre in Calgary and the National Veterans Memorial Museum in Columbus, Ohio. We’ve also designed a range of residences, offices, commercial projects and creative workspaces, including the Wieden+Kennedy World Headquarters in Portland and Pixar Animation Studios in California. Recent works include Eleven Madison Park, a three Michelin starred restaurant in New York; “Uniqlo City”, the international headquarters of Fast Retailing in Tokyo; and the US Embassy in Maputo, Mozambique. Our creative output is not limited to buildings, however; we regularly design and produce a wide range of artifacts, including exhibitions and site installations, custom furniture, and decorative arts pieces, as well as diverse publications and printed matter.
Allied Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to the values of Inclusion and Community.
We invite you to review our work:
Website: alliedworks.com // Twitter: @alliedworks // Instagram: @allied_works