SUMMARY: The Marketing and Web Content Manager is responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the Oregon Symphony’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading digital content, this individual works closely with the Director of Marketing and Sales to implement strategies related to site planning, content creation, digital promotions, social media, and email marketing. This position also facilitates email communications on behalf of the Development and Education departments. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and analytical skills, experience managing digital marketing campaigns, and impeccable attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manage production and timely maintenance of web content including but not limited to: calendar, home page rotation, production detail pages, subscription and single ticket pages, news items, broadcasts, special events, photos, audio, and video posts.
2. Direct the creation and implementation of dynamic content strategies to share Oregon Symphony stories online. Develop stories (posts, tweets, emails, etc.) to support the key areas of concerts and events, community engagement, and brand awareness.
3. Compose, build, test, and deploy email campaigns for all departments; compile and monitor results, including open and click-through rates and hard bounces, and advise on strategies for improvement. Maintain Oregon Symphony’s email calendar, working with internal teams to schedule e-blasts.
4. Collaborate with departments to field content requests, create landing pages, and optimize the user experience, while maintaining the institution’s brand and optimizing for SEO.
5. Spearhead technology upgrades related to the Oregon Symphony’s website, shopping cart interface, and email provider.
6. Serve as primary liaison between internal teams and IT for web content testing, trouble-shooting, and back-end functionality and maintenance. Track and report on metrics using Google Analytics.
7. As a member of the social media team, maintain Oregon Symphony’s social media calendar; research opportunities, present ideas, draft posts, and prepare promoted posts.
8. Assist in preparing Google AdWords campaigns to support earned and contributed revenue, community engagement, and brand awareness.
9. Work with Production Manager to coordinate requests, specs, and deadlines for web graphics.
10. Provide departmental support by proofing and editing all departmental brochures, emails and other collateral to ensure brand consistency; Assisting with the creation of radio ads, writing copy, and selecting audio clips; Processing departmental invoices; creating daily and weekly sales reports; scheduling meetings; and assisting with filing and correspondence. Identify targets and prospects for email marketing campaigns, and submit list requests.
11. Attend concerts and Symphony events. Provide support for marketing events and subscriber initiatives in the hall.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 2-3 years of marketing experience, preferably including digital marketing.
• Language Skills: Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to budget and forecast with accuracy and to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, etc.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: Experience with web content management systems, preferably EpiServer; extensive Excel spreadsheet experience; experience with Google Analytics; working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; ability to quickly learn and use new software; Tessitura database software experience a big plus. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is needed for adjusting page styling.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Team player. Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem-Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and informatively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; works within approved budget; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; promotes a harassment-free environment; observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality and Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time; follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
• Initiative – Takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
The Oregon Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We seek to develop a diverse candidate pool and welcome nominations and applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or national origin.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone inquiries, please. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Position is open until filled.