The Portland Art Museum invites applications for the position of Membership Associate. This position’s primary responsibility is to perform gift/batch processing, customer service, and administrative tasks that support the membership program. Works as part of a collaborative team to achieve membership acquisition and retention goals. This position also works on special projects to create and build opportunities and experiences that engage and connect members to the Museum. If you’re passionate about the “people first” mindset to further the mission of the Museum, then apply today!
The Portland Art Museum (PAM) strives to be an inclusive institution that facilitates respectful dialogue, debate, and the free exchange of ideas. With a deep commitment to artists – past and present – and freedom of expression, the Museum and Northwest Film Center’s collections, programs and staff aspire to reveal the beauty and complexities of the world, and create a deeper understanding of our shared humanity. We are a Museum for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices, and personal journeys. The Northwest Film Center (NWFC), a sister organization to the Museum, is a regional media arts resource and service organization founded to encourage the study, appreciation, and utilization of the moving image arts, foster their artistic and professional excellence, and to help create a climate in which they may flourish. PAM and the NWFC are committed to advancing equity and inclusion by creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will continue learning as we work to evolve as an Institution, recognizing that this journey has no end and our commitment must remain. We have an active equity team currently engaged in a journey to examine our internal culture and the work we do through an equity lens. We look forward to having all colleagues join and contribute to this important work. Learn more at https://portlandartmuseum.org/about/mission/.
PAM and the NWFC are equal opportunity employers, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, disability or any other legally protected status. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, PAM and the NWFC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the application, interview, and hiring process. Alternative formats of this application are available upon request. If reasonable accommodation or an alternative form of this application are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.276.4358.
• Execute benefit fulfillment process; includes working with departmental copywriter on timely messaging. Preparing and exporting data files; ensuring timely delivery of fulfillment files to mail house, adhering to weekly deadlines, and monitoring inventory status of fulfillment materials
• Responsible for receiving and logging all membership income daily, which includes: memberships generated through mail, online and daily sales, and phones
• Utilize Altru CRM system to batch process transactions including memberships, council dues and other transactions as assigned
• Works as part of the membership team on tasks related to member events. Includes: logistical details, working with outside vendors, coordinating event promotion with the Marketing Department (onsite signage, print collateral, social media, etc.) and attending membership events
• Prepare and generate receipts and routine reports for various councils and membership transactions
• Collaborates with Membership team to promote and encourage membership acquisition and retention
• Create and maintain membership event info within Altru CRM system (ticket sales, event registrations, rosters and reports)
• Provide exceptional customer service via phone and online interaction to various Museum constituents (members and non-members) to promote membership and visitor engagement initiatives
• Maintain accurate constituent records in database
• Respond to membership and general museum information emails
• Check office voicemail daily and return calls
• Collaborates with Development and Membership teams to build on member to donor cultivation
• Promotes equity and inclusion goals and supports the work
• 1 to 2 years previous experience in related type of work
• Knowledge of general fundraising practices and membership strategies
• Experience with CRM database helpful
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Cash handling and reconciliation experience
• Multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
• Strategic thinking skills and active participation in a team environment
• Work graciously and professionally with the general public
• Must demonstrate experience in being discreet in managing confidential information as well as finesse in working with museum trustees, staff, donors, visitors and volunteers
• Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings
• Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy using MS office products including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot Table, Outlook and other software applications
This position is full-time working 35 hours per week. The budgeted compensation is $16.75 per hour. The position is eligible for the Museum’s benefits package first of the month following 30-days of full-time employment. Benefits include medical and dental, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday, jury duty, bereavement), long-term disability and AD&D, and a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.
To apply online visit: www.portlandartmuseum.org/careers follow the link to create a profile. Resumes received without completed employment application will not be considered. Please no drop ins. For questions or accommodation please contact email@example.com.
The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Friday, July 20, 2018 at 5 PM PST
Portland Art Museum