Do you have a passion for film and historic buildings and a background in fundraising and membership?
Working for the Hollywood Theatre in Portland, Oregon is much more than a job, it’s the pursuit of preserving history… and creating it. It’s a quest for restoring a historic movie palace while at the same time reinventing the “modern” movie theater as an artist-driven community center and mecca for film lovers. It’s creating the next great thing in film exhibition, be it a participatory experience such as B-Movie Bingo or chasing down that elusive 35mm or 70mm print of a lost classic.
The Membership Manager is responsible for managing the robust membership program of the nonprofit historic Hollywood Theatre in Portland, Oregon. Reporting to the Development Director, the Membership Manager will serve as the primary liaison with the Hollywood’s membership base, managing membership fulfillment, communications, and events, as well as assisting in general organizational development functions as needed.
The Hollywood Theatre Membership Manager’s work includes, but is not limited to, the following areas of focus:
– Spearhead membership strategy and initiatives
– Conceive of and execute membership drives and promotion, in coordination with Marketing and Development Directors
– Oversee continuity of membership messaging and collateral
– Assist with year-end and other fundraising campaigns
– Assist with member inquiries/issues related to ticketing, online accounts, benefits
– Coordinate member events, including tours, invitation-only screenings, etc.
– Conduct member/donor research
– Generate member communications
– Process and fulfill memberships
– Ensure delivery of all membership benefits across multiple channels
– Assist Development Director with additional tasks as directed, such as grant reporting and requirements.
– Minimum 2 years’ work in a nonprofit environment
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in development/fundraising
– Membership/donor stewardship experience preferred
– Proficiency with customer relationship management systems
– Proficiency with email marketing solutions (especially Emma)
– Excellent project management skills, with strong attention to detail
– Excellent written communications skills, including content writing and editing
– Strong commitment to the mission of the Hollywood Theatre and to the power of film as a profoundly enriching art form
This is a new, full-time, salaried position with the opportunity to grow professionally. The Hollywood Theatre offers an attractive benefit plan which includes medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, paid time off, and sick/personal leaves. (Not to mention free movies and popcorn!)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
About Hollywood Theatre
The Hollywood Theatre is a not-for-profit, three-screen historic art house movie theatre (and more) in Portland, Oregon. Its mission is to entertain, educate, inspire, and connect the community through the art of film, while preserving a historic Portland landmark. For the last 20 years, it has earned a national reputation for its unique combination of award-winning film and event programming, cutting edge educational programs, and fiscal sponsorship services for local filmmakers. Each year, the Hollywood Theatre screens over 300 of the best films from all over the world, provides educational opportunities for over 2,000 young people at 10 sites across the state, and supports dozens of Oregon-based, independent film projects. For more information, please visit www.hollywoodtheatre.org.
Hollywood Theatre, 4122 NE Sandy Blvd. Portland, OR