Patricia Reser Center for the Arts
Memberships & Special Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Donor Engagement
FSLA Status: Exempt, Full-time with benefits
Schedule: Hybrid work hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with occasional nights, weekends, and holidays required.
Date of Posting: May 22, 2023
Please note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a prerequisite for employment.
The Reser will consider exemptions for medical or religious reasons.
Patricia Reser Center for the Arts is an equal opportunity, at-will employer, dedicated to the goal of creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, persons of color, and LGBTQ individuals. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Patricia Reser Center for the Arts (PRCA, The Reser) is a new performing arts center located in downtown Beaverton, Oregon. Construction began in November 2019, and the Center opened to the public in March 2022. Adjacent to City Hall, the facility consists of a 550-seat mainstage theater, an art gallery, meeting and rehearsal rooms, and a public plaza. The Reser programming includes Reser Presents, local and regional performing arts organizations, visual arts exhibitions, and arts education programs. Since it opened, The Reser has become an important social and cultural hub for Beaverton and its surrounding communities. www.thereser.org
ABOUT THE JOB
The Reser is seeking a skilled Memberships & Special Events Manager to join our team. This position offers the right person a rare opportunity to play a key role in a new arts organization, which includes helping shape The Reser’s identity and policies for years to come. The Memberships & Special Events Manager plays a central role in community support and the financial success of the organization by developing strong relationships with our members and donors. Our membership program launched in June 2022, and during the 2022/23 season, we had over 600 members. The Donor Engagement team embraces the principles of Community-Centric Fundraising and is committed to The Reser’s IDEAL work (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Leadership).
The Memberships and Special Events Manager reports directly to the Director, Donor Engagement. This person will work closely with other departments, including Finance & Business Operations, Marketing & Patron Services, and Box Office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Memberships and Special Events Manager is an important member of the team, responsible for managing the membership program, planning member and donor events, and providing critical operational support for the fundraising activities and goals of the Donor Engagement team.
Task examples include responding to member inquiries, planning and executing member and donor events, and maintaining the integrity of our donor data in Tessitura. This is a position that requires a strong aptitude for customer service, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
The ongoing responsibilities of the Memberships & Special Events Manager include the following:
• With support from the Director of Donor Engagement, oversee the membership program, including delivering on member benefits, planning member events, and being the primary contact for members
• In collaboration with the Director of Donor Engagement, manage the planning and execution of all donor engagement events, including a future annual fundraising event in 2024-25
• Enter all gifts and pledges in Tessitura, following The Reser’s financial controls
• Prepare thank you letters and receipts including end of year reporting
• Assist with mass mailings/mass emails/invites
• Produce progress reports for board of trustees on a regular basis
• Work with Donor Engagement Committee, as assigned
PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• A combination of education and professional experience that convincingly demonstrates the candidate’s skills and the ability to perform all responsibilities at a professional level
• Event planning and management experience, with strong preference given to candidates who acquired their experience in the unique environment of a theater or performing arts venue
• Experience with Tessitura
• Superb customer service skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and the confidence to work without direct supervision
• Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, writing, and communication skills
• The energy and ability to balance multiple tasks in the context of a busy arts center; the ability to complete projects on time; the foresight to ask for help when needed
• A talent for diplomacy; the ability to handle difficult interactions; a relentless commitment to the success of our guests that is rooted in respect for every individual; strong self-awareness
WORKING ENVIRONMENT – ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
About eighty percent of the principal responsibilities of this position are performed in a traditional office setting and do not typically involve equipment that poses a threat of injury. Twenty percent of the job requires the ability to host events and interact professionally with members and donors. The successful completion of duties relies on the following physical abilities: Sufficient (corrected or uncorrected) vision to read text of various sizes and perceive colors and shapes accurately. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing to communicate effectively in person and on a telephone, to hear sounds within the normal range of conversation and in the context of crowd noise. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility, strength, and reflexes to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and lift as much as 25 pounds.
The physical abilities required for this position may be flexible and we encourage those who may require accommodation to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
An annual salary range of $58,000 to $62,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits that include medical insurance, Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, and matching 403(b) retirement plan contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume, accompanied by a cover letter describing why this position is of interest and their personal and professional experience. All applications will be held in confidence. Initial review of applications will begin on or about June 12th, 2023 and will continue until a pool of highly qualified finalists has been identified. Applicants should submit materials as soon as possible. Applications received after June 20th, 2023, may not be eligible for consideration.
All applications and/or inquiries should be sent via email only to:
Beth Lewis, Director, Donor Engagement
MS Word or PDF attachments only, please
Subject Line: MEMBERSHIPS AND SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER application
No phone calls please.
File names of all resumes and attachments should include applicant’s last name
12625 SW Crescent Street, Beaverton, OR 97005