16 hours per week: Wednesday 10am-4pm and Thursday – Friday 11am-4pm, some flexibility required
$20 per hour
26 hours per week: Wednesday 10am-4pm and Thursday – Sunday 11am-4pm with health benefits, some flexibility required
$20 per hour
The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education (OJMCHE) seeks a motivated, personable, and savvy individual with sales and buying experience to fill the position of Museum Shop Manager.
• Generate and maintain a vision for the Museum Shop that appropriately reflects the mission of the museum while providing an engaging experience
• Create an environment that activates the customer’s desire to buy and increase customer loyalty
• Select and purchase merchandise, as well develop and source branded merchandise, to be sold in the shop which meets requirements to be both creatively unique and within shop guidelines
• Promote current museum store retail trends, and develop a merchandise mix that furthers the museum’s programs, exhibitions, and Jewish holidays
• Manage relationships with existing vendors while researching new suppliers to keep inventory interesting
• Establish and manage relationships with local artists and enter into consignment agreements with those whose work fits shop guidelines
• Create both short- and long-range goals and strategies for profitable growth
• Receive all merchandise, establish appropriate pricing, and direct all displays within the shop
• Maintain inventory of merchandise on Shopventory
• Create reports of sales from Shopventory and Square to make data-driven purchasing decisions
• Share sales reports and recommendations suggested by the data analysis with museum director, deputy director and staff
• Collaborate with Deputy Director and Communications Manager on Museum Shop marketing ideas and implementation
• Perform other related duties as requested
About the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education explores the legacy of the Jewish experience in Oregon, teaches the enduring and universal relevance of the Holocaust, and provides opportunities for intercultural conversations.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023.
All OJMCHE employees are expected to treat fellow staff and others with respect, courtesy, politeness, and kindness.
OJMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.
Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education