OJMCHE Museum Shop Manager Hours: 16 hours per week.
Wednesday 10am-4pm and Thursday-Friday 11am-4pm, some flexibility required
Wage: $20 per hour
The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education (OJMCHE) seeks a motivated, personable, and organized individual with retail and buying experience to fill the position of Museum Shop Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a vision for the Museum Shop that appropriately reflects the mission of the museum while maintaining an attractive shop appearance
• Create both short- and long-range goals and strategies for profitable growth
• Continually research new vendors for fresh inventory and ensure that all merchandise is appropriately related to the museum’s mission
• Establish consignment agreements with artists and pay artists for sales
• Promote current museum store retail trends, and develop a merchandise mix that furthers the museum’s programs, exhibitions, and Jewish holidays
• Receive all merchandise, establish appropriate pricing, and direct all displays within the shop
• Maintain inventory of merchandise on Shopventory
• Create reports of sales from Shopventory and Square to make datadriven purchasing decisions
• Share sales reports and recommendations suggested by the data analysis with museum director, deputy director and staff
• Collaborate with staff on Museum Shop marketing ideas and implementation
• Provide Reception Desk support as needed
• Perform other related duties as requested
To Apply Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2022.
All OJMCHE employees are expected to treat fellow staff and others with respect, courtesy, politeness, and kindness. OJMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences. About the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education explores the legacy of the Jewish experience in Oregon, teaches the universal lessons of the Holocaust, and provides opportunities for intercultural conversation, OJMCHE challenges visitors to resist indifference and discrimination and to envision a just and inclusive world.