Vibe of Portland is a 501(c)3 which aims to provide access to arts and music education for all of Portland’s youth. We provide after school programming, limited in school programming, and camps/workshops. We offer classes throughout the school year AND summer, and are looking for teachers who can begin this month.
We are looking for part-time music teachers who have experience teaching group classes of varying sizes and ages, ukulele, guitar, choir, general music, and music and movement classes. Our classes are on sites located throughout the Portland area, so you must have reliable transportation. Beginning pay is based on prior experience.
• Passionate about providing access to music education for all children, regardless of demographics.
• Experience teaching music to a range of age and skills levels
• Great musicianship in one or more of the following instruments: guitar, ukulele, violin, vocal performance, music and movement
• Ability to pass a strict background check
• Dependable transportation for work
• Dependable communication within 24 hours via text or email.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least two years’ teaching experience
• Experience with after-school or extracurricular programming and familiarity with best practices in setting and maintaining a group/classroom culture.
• Ability to play and teach multiple instruments and classes
• Bilingual skills a plus!!