Come work with us!
Gather:Make:Shelter creates opportunities for people experiencing houselessness and poverty to engage in collaborative, skill-building projects in creative fields, connecting houseless and housed people together to empower each other.
We are a tiny team with a mighty, passionate organization. Come work with us and bring your sense of humor, positive energy and collaborative spirit!
Operations Manager Position 20-25 hrs per week. $25/hr.
We are seeking an operations manager for our growing organization. We are looking for a compassionate and positive person with a strong sense of humor to be invested in the success of the houseless community and the city of Portland. You will work with us both remotely and in person.
We need you to have the following skills:
– Experience in the nonprofit sector including the financial dynamics of a non profit.
– Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
– The operations manager will coordinate with the grant writer to provide them with information and supporting documents.
– This person will be in charge of the current administrative systems and able to discover new processes as needed.
– Supporting day to day operations management of GMS.
– Interact with program participants and gracefully navigate a variety of communities.
– Tech savvy with databases, systems, and information security including the following: -Web management (Squarespace) -eCommerce (Shopify, Square)
– Reports to the Executive Director
– Embrace our Equity Policy below
Philosophy/Equity Statement – Gather:Make:Shelter is an equal opportunity employer. We value equity, diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented, BIPOC and queer communities to apply. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We recognize that experience can be gained in a variety of ways: lived, professional, volunteer and other experience.
We thoroughly look through applications, and consider interview questions and resumes in order to qualify candidates for this position.
If you are interested in this position, but think you may not meet all the above criteria, please do apply!
Position open until filled.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to: email@example.com
906 NW 14th Ave., Portland, OR 97209