The Architecture Foundation of Oregon (AFO) seeks a part time Events and Admin. Associate to work 30 hours/week to perform administrative duties and plan and execute events throughout the year.
About the Organization:
The Architecture Foundation of Oregon supports Oregon’s quality of life and creates awareness of our designed environment through education, engagement and inspiration. AFO believes that all Oregonians benefit from thoughtful design in their homes, in their community and in the environment around them. Through dynamic programming such as our Architects in Schools and Civic Engagement Workshops, AFO works with community partners to share design’s role in shaping our future. By convening conversations and encouraging involvement, we empower people to embrace design as a tool to impact the future of Oregon for generations to come.
The Events and Admin. Associate will take a lead role in implementing events, including event planning, logistics & registration, working with community partners, and organizing materials for the events. The Associate will also assist with communication and coordination related to membership, Architects in Schools and the Board of Directors.
Working with other staff members, the Associate will produce event content, schedule presenters, manage venues and vendors, coordinate logistics, and more. Duties include:
• Research and coordinate with venues, acquire any necessary agreements, insurance, and/or permits. Also coordinate and spearhead site visits.
• Coordinate, schedule, and energize event volunteers.
• Organize event materials, setup/strike-down for events, secure and coordinate pickup/delivery of supplies before and after each event.
• Supervise event check-in, greet attendees, and overall act as primary event manager.
• Coordinate the technical side of events, such as A/V, slide presentation, photography, and videography, etc.
• Oversee post-event acknowledgments, surveys, and future goal setting.
• Coordinate, printing and mailing of invitations and other print pieces
• Communicate with event sponsors as needed
The Events and Admin. Associate will also perform a variety of administrative duties including data entry, membership acknowledgements, Architects in Schools schedule coordination and exhibit assistance, and board meeting catering and minute taking.
The summer and fall represent AFO’s busiest event seasons but smaller member events and board meetings occur year-round. Experience with donation platforms such as Greater Giving is preferred.
Occasional evening and weekend work is required for events.
This position is part time at 30 hours/week. Starting salary is $18/hour.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to AFO Executive Director Claire Blaylock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position start date: 4/1/20.