Position: Part-time Visitor Services Representative
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Type: Part-time / non-exempt
Schedule: Three days per week, weekend availability required. 7-hour shift (9:30am- 4:30pm) September through May and 8-hour shift (9:30am-5:30pm) June through August. Weekly schedule may shift based on organizational need.
Pittock Mansion is a house of beauty and historical significance. Operated as a historic house museum, the home provides a revealing glimpse of Portland’s past. Having grown to well over 100,000 annual visitors in recent years, Pittock Mansion is one of the top destinations in Portland.
We are seeking a Part-time Visitor Services Representative to act as ambassador of our mission and provide an exceptional visitor experience.
Core VSR Responsibilities:
• Greet and interact with visitors, volunteers, and delivery people
• Answer phones, respond to callers’ requests, and refer calls
• Sell admission, membership, and store items
• Follow established cash-handling practices
• Process reservations for tours
• Perform all opening and closing duties as assigned, including securing all buildings and deactivating and activating alarms
• Maintain the visual integrity and security of the museum and store throughout the day
• Light cleaning and maintenance of both Museum and public areas
• Enforce Mansion policies and respond to visitors’ needs
• Sanitize workstations and high-touch areas regularly throughout shift and at the end of the day
• Direct one-way visitor flow through Mansion
• Reinforce visitor compliance with COVID mitigation procedures (wearing masks, practicing physical distancing)
• Follow de-escalation best practices.
• Carry out other duties as assigned
• High level of customer service
• Ability to interact with public, staff, and volunteers as a team member
• Professional manner and appearance
• Flexibility and resilience to change
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Cash handling experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
• Record of dependability, timeliness, and good attendance
• Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings and potentially pick up extra shifts as needed
• Familiarity and understanding of Point of Sale systems and Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel
• Strong retail sales skills a plus
Physical Activities / Environmental Conditions
• Light to medium work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds
• Position may require remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
• Position may require repeating motions that may include arms, wrists, hands, and/or fingers
• Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment
• Wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g. face covering, gloves) may be required
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Part-time Visitor Services Representative” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to hiring.
3229 NW Pittock Dr., Portland, OR 97210