Patron Services Representative, Full-time
SUMMARY: Serve as front-line Ticket Office Representative of the Oregon Symphony providing exceptional customer service in the ticket office, concert hall, and Symphony events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain a detailed, proficient, and working knowledge of:
• Tessitura systems
• Create, update, and recognize all coded information on an account
• Maintain and alter accounts – exchange tickets, take payments, add/remove tickets, add/remove options, etc.;
• Concert Event information
• Season, single, and general admission ticket event codes;
• Hall section map, appropriate ticket types, and pricing for all events;
• Look up seats/maps and sell events on new and existing accounts;
• Programs, products, community events, panel discussions, and all other Symphony endeavors
• Ticket Office policies
2. Provide exceptional customer service by:
• Selling tickets to Symphony concerts at the Oregon Symphony Ticket Office and the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall requiring weekday, weekend, and evening work during the Symphony Season
• Answering incoming phone calls directed to the ticket office and greeting walk-in patrons;
• Providing helpful information and assistance to patrons and staff in a pleasant and efficient manner
• Ascertain customer needs and make product recommendations that meet those needs using consultative sales techniques to ensure all subscriber benefits are explained and revenue is maximized
3. Assist in the operation of the Ticket Office:
• Assemble ticket packets and other mailings as needed
• Balance cash and checks against sales – both daily at the Symphony Ticket Office and at each performance when working at the concert hall ticket booth
• Participate in concert preparation as needed including printing and assembling will call tickets, printing updated seating reports, processing online orders, and handling last minute seat change requests
4. Assist with special projects as needed:
• Staff Symphony tables at selected events by answering questions, handing out materials, and collecting information, while maintaining a pleasant and professional disposition as a representative of the Oregon Symphony
• Help with giveaways and contests
• Staff and assist with once-a-year Symphony Gala and community concert
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: Employment experience in a customer service or retail sales position required. One year experience in a ticket/box office greatly preferred
• Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
• Computer Skills: To perform this position successfully, an individual should have a familiarity with CRM software, Tessitura a plus; Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word for Windows, and Outlook
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Ethics and Professionalism: Treats others with respect and tact; Keeps commitments; Inspires the respect and trust of others; Works ethically and with integrity; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits confidence in self and others; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Displays orientation to profitability and contributes to profits and revenue; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Observes safety and security procedures.
• Quality and Quantity: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Measures self against standard of excellence; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Uses time efficiently.
• Problem Resolution: Identifies problems in a timely manner; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics or people.
• Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens without interrupting and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Motivation and Initiative: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan; Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Other Skills and Abilities: Exceptional customer service skills, strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced, multitask, team environment, basic computer and typing skills required, appreciation for live symphonic music a plus, sense of humor.
Other Qualifications: Ability to work nights and weekends during concert season, occasionally on short notice.
Hours: 35 hours weekly Full Time Position; work will be conducted at the Symphony business offices or Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. Scheduling may change seasonally. Any changes to the posted schedule must be approved by the Supervisor at least 24 hours in advance. Person in this position must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend hours during the Symphony season.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus for use of computer monitor and proof-reading of print materials.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts such as computer printers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
909 SW Washington Street