About Dennis Uniform
Since 1920 Dennis Uniform has been a pioneer in the uniform industry both as a manufacturer and as a retailer. Currently Dennis operates over thirty-eight retail stores, has a talented “field sales” team, offers a commerce-enabled website, and has a national call center to help serve its thousands of school uniform and corporate apparel customers. Dennis Uniform Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
This position will entail pleating garments while ensuring quality and consistency.
This position reports to cutting room supervisor
The Pleater position works on the manufacturing floor. Broad areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
– Tend to and operate steam cabinet that conducts the folding of garments
– Position material and folds properly before closing patterns
– Replace material as needed
– Frequently working other manufacturing functions when pleating work is complete
– Exceptionally friendly and positive attitude; work well in teams
– Must be able to stand for long periods of time
– Basic math skills
– Must be able to frequently lift heavy boxes of material (15-20 pounds)
– Ability to make precisely coordinated movements
– Ability to interpret patterns and measurements
– Cross training and ability to work other manufacturing functions
– Standard manufacturing conditions
– Must be whiling to work overtime during peak times
Education and Experience
– High School or equivalent
*This position offers free online college classes through the UFCW up to an associates degree.