Salary Range: ($25/hr) $41,600 – $52,000 +benefits
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the lifecycle of membership of the Portland Saturday Market including the interpretation of the Market Policies and Procedures. This role requires a solid understanding and balance of duties between Administration, Committee and Membership responsibilities that are essential to operating a fair and equitable Market.
Works as part of a team to ensure the Market operates successfully and efficiently, requiring a high level of customer service in a welcoming and courteous manner, always representing Portland Saturday Market as a top tourist attraction. The Membership Coordinator reports to the Executive Director/Market Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Primary contact for members regarding member policy, rules, procedures, and general inquiries
2. Facilitate New Vendor Onboarding and processing of digital applications
3. Address and/or escalate customer complaints to the proper outlet
4. Serve as liaison to the Product Review (PRC) and Food Committees, administrating meetings, recording minutes, updating board-approved policy and communicating to Committee Chair
5. Administrates minutes of monthly Board meetings and document any changes and updates to policy and procedures
6. Organize, execute and host weekly vendor fill in allocation of reserved spaces.
7. Saturday morning member space changes and attendance
8. Organize and host bi-annual, reserved fill in allocation events
9. Coordinates member sign in/out system and tracks all data associated
10. Manages and tracks seniority point system and any change in members’ status
11. Orchestrating on-boarding and off-boarding checklist and procedures for members including adding/removing member to/from all active accounts, website, social media
12. Assist in member recruitment and retention measures, developing opportunities of growth for emerging artists and to attract new members
13. Work with membership engagement programs
14. Create and revise forms; electronically and digitally
15. Coordinate the updating and publishing of the annual Member’s Handbook
16. Maintaining the PSM Website and member related information
17. Assist with member storage program and access
18. Administrate Community Arts program and liaison to designated Mercy Corps space
19. Saturdays required as regular workday and booth shift
20. Provide general office duties: Payment processing, filing, shredding
21. Assist in annual site prep of spaces
22. Assist the Executive Director/Manager with any special projects
23. Additional duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in Business or other related field
Three years’ experience in membership or service management and project administration
Strong computer, organizational, customer service skills
Experience in nonprofit, creative, or community management services
Comfortability with computer design programs and website management, office automation,
Ability to work well as a team and autonomously, Experience with Google and Microsoft platforms, project management and email systems.