General Job Description: The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all elements of production, including:
● Work with Artistic Director and Production Staff to develop and maintain annual MainStage Season budget.
● Work with designers, directors, and finance manager to ensure that productions are realized on time and to the highest artistic standard, within the constraints of the NWCT’s schedule, resources and budget.
● Work with Artistic Director to organize and implement annual production calendar.
● Coordinate all elements of auditions and casting.
● Contract performers, composers, playwrights, guest artists, designers, crew, build crew, and overhire.
● Plan, coordinate and assist with technical theater needs, crew work, stage management, and tour management, as needed for MainStage and Second Stage Seasons.
● Attend evening and weekend rehearsals and performances, as requested.
● Main point of contact for NWCT MainStage Families.
● Main point of Production contact for NWCT staff.
● Coordinate Production Support for Education, Marketing and Development events.
● Work with Artistic Director to develop new programs (- upcoming next year New Play Development and MainStage Tour.)
The successful candidate will be a theater arts professional with a strong and current knowledge of theatrical design, technical theater and/or stage management. The position requires a creative problem solver and excellent communicator.
● At least 4 years related experience working in theater production.
● Strong design, technical theater and/or stage management skills.
● Excellent administrative skills and the experience necessary to manage systems and workflow.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Google Drive Suite.
● Valid Driver’s License.
● Must be able to pass a background check.
● Able to lift 30lb, climb ladders, and perform manual labor on an occasional, as-needed basis.
● Evening and weekend hours are required.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Able to manage shifting and competing priorities
● Experience working both independently and as a member of a team
● Able to exercise good judgment and discretion as well as maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
● Able to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness and sensitivity.
● Passion for theater for young audiences and enjoyment and appreciation of children.
● Experience as a producer, or self-producing.
● Proficiency in Autocad/SketchUp, Wix.
NWCT is a small group of hard-working artists and administrators. We operate many different programs and accomplish a lot with limited resources. While the official duties listed here represent the Production Manager’s specific responsibilities, all NWCT staff regularly help with projects and programs from other departments as needed. NWCT staff members have a willingness to roll up their sleeves and ignite their brain power however circumstances demand. We are looking for people who thrive in an active and creative environment and are eager to jump in regardless of the task to support co-workers and the mission of NWCT.
Northwest Children’s Theater and School is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including people of color and from communities underrepresented in the arts and education fields.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a resume with a cover letter and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwest Children's Theater & School