Job Description: Program Coordinator
About Ethos: Ethos, Inc. is a vibrant nonprofit dedicated to making music accessible for kids, regardless of their socioeconomic status or geographic location. Founded in 1998, Ethos’ offerings reach both inner city and rural youth, empowering communities with high quality music education. Ethos has been named one of the top 50 after school arts programs by the President’s Commission for the Arts and Humanities on 8 separate occasions. For more information about Ethos, please visit: www.ethos.org.
Ethos is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the advancement of equity within our organization and programs. We encourage applicants from diverse and underrepresented communities and backgrounds to apply, including those with disabilities and those with veteran status.
Position: The program coordinator works closely with Ethos’ Program Director in day-to-day operations of Music Corps program and with the Admissions Manager to support in-house staff.
• Assist Program Director in gathering student information and maintaining accurate attendance records
• Teach and substitute after-school music classes
• Assist with class observations and student performances
• Maintain constructive relationships with instructors and site supervisors
• Work 2-3 front desk shifts each week – customer service, answer phones, reply to emails
• Serve as volunteer coordinator – field volunteer inquiries, initiate background checks, and place TAs
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience teaching music to youth in a group setting
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel proficiency
• Attention to detail
• A reliable vehicle to travel to classes and deliver instruments and equipment
• A flexible schedule with the ability to work during after-school hours, evenings, and occasional weekends
• Ability to pass a criminal F.B.I. background check
• Fluency in Spanish
• Knowledge of audio equipment including mixers, cables, mics, etc.
• Familiarity with non-profit youth work
• Customer service experience
• Mon-Thurs 12-8pm, Fri 11am-7pm
Compensation and Benefits
• $15/hr, 40 hours a week
Employer provided medical insurance, 11 paid holidays (including employee birthday), 12 days of PTO each year, accrued monthly (18 days after 3 years of employment), and a 30 minute weekly private music lesson.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or deliver to 2 N Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97217
2 N Killingsworth St