Organization: Ethos, Inc.
Organization Mission: Ethos is dedicated to the promotion of music and music-based education for youth in underserved communities.
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job title: Program Coordinator
Pay / Hours: $18/hr / 40 hrs
Reports to: Director of Programs
Hours per week / Job Status: Hourly employee with typical schedule Monday – Friday. However, in occasions such as recitals, Ethos special events and meetings, employee will be expected to work hours to include weekend work.
Summary of Position: The Program Coordinator works closely with Ethos’ Program Director with day-to-day operations of the Music Corps program, and with the Admissions Manager to support in-house staff.
1) Assist Program Director in gathering student information and maintaining accurate attendance records for the purpose of grant reporting
2) Teach and substitute after-school music classes to participate in the program at the ground level and ensure all classes are consistently staffed
3) Assist with class observations and student performances for the purpose of best driving program improvement
4) Maintain constructive relationships with instructors and site supervisors to create and maintain strong partnerships
5) Work 2-3 front desk shifts each week – customer service, answer phones, reply to emails
6) Serve as volunteer coordinator – field volunteer inquiries, initiate background checks, and place TAs
7) Other duties as assigned
1) Experience teaching music to youth in a group setting
2) A proactive work ethic, positive attitude and an investment in the transformative qualities of music education.
3) Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
4) Attention to detail
5) A reliable vehicle to travel to classes and deliver instruments and equipment
6) A flexible schedule with the ability to work after-school hours, evenings, and occasional weekends
7) Fluency in Spanish
8) We serve students from a variety of historically marginalized backgrounds and identities. As such, candidates with lived experience of those of our students are preferred.
Employer provided medical insurance, 11 paid holidays, 12 days of PTO each year, and a 30 minute weekly private music lesson.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2 N Killingsworth St