Are you looking for part-time work that is both rewarding and ridiculously fun?
Would you like to present & play with dry ice, robots and launch rockets for extra cash?
Are you available week day afternoons?
Are you ready to inspire the next generation of scientists and get paid for it?
Then you should apply to be a Mad Scientist!
Mad Science encourages scientific literacy in children in an age when science is as vital as reading, writing, and arithmetic. We deliver unique, hands-on experiences for children that are as entertaining as they are educational. Our innovative programs help kids learn about science through fun and interactive discussion, demonstrations and activities.
You do NOT need to be a teacher or a science major but you MUST enjoy and have experience working with groups of children, have a reliable car and be an energetic individual with a desire to make learning fun. We offer onsite programs throughout the Portland Vancouver metro area and many smaller surrounding communities.
What you can expect from us when you join our team:
• Paid training on our science curriculum
• Materials and support to help you deliver an awesome classroom experience
• Flexible afternoon schedule to suit your needs
• A collaborative and supportive team atmosphere
• A fulfilling experience with a ridiculous amount of fun!
What we expect from you when you join our team:
• Up-beat, child friendly personality
• Looking for part-time work
• 3 to 5 afternoons per week (including every Friday)
• A reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and current proof of auto insurance
• 18+ years of age
• Able to pass an Oregon/Washington State background check
Does this sound perfectly fun to you? Visit our website to fill out our on-line job application. Don’t forget to attach your resume. http://portland.madscience.org/jobapplication.aspx
Portland/Vancouver Metro Area