The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for managing RACC’s online presence and reputation. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for arts and culture and proven experience managing websites and other digital communication platforms – including social media channels and e-newsletters.
RACC values a community in which everyone can participate in arts and culture, and strives to cultivate equity in all of its programs. We value a diverse workforce, built upon inclusion, equity and cultural agility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Maintain RACC-owned websites, domains and webhosts – including racc.org, www.therightbraininitiative.org, www.workforart.org, www.portlandartspark.com. This position is specifically responsible for keeping all domains registered, installing WordPress updates and plugins, maintaining SSL certificates, and backing up all websites.
- Implement improvements in website designs and functionality based on staff and constituents needs.
- Track, report and interpret Google analytics and provide recommendations for new strategies and tactics to increase effective engagement.
- Manage RACC’s email communications system in Emma, and assist Communications Associate in delivering clear and compelling email communications.
- Assist Communications Associate in publishing content on RACC websites and across owned and earned social channels – including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Respond quickly and strategically to feedback and comments and chatter as needed.
- With Communications Associate and Director of Community Engagement, produce RACC’s annual report in WordPress.
- With Communications Associate and Director of Community Engagement, reinforce RACC’s branding message in all digital materials and social media content. Support social media editorial calendars and posting cadence.
- Research and report on top digital influencers and trends.
- Back up for general technology assistance and help desk 4 weeks/year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 4 years of professional experience and/or education in digital communications.
- Web design and formatting expertise (esp. WordPress, CSS, PHP, HTML).
- Web host and security experience, including DNS Services and SSL Certificates.
- Experience interpreting Google analytics.
- Proficiency with email marketing solutions (esp. Emma).
- Mastery of Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and You Tube.
- Graphic design experience, or at least a design aesthetic with an ability to build an established design online. Helpful but not required: Digital photo editing and video production skills.
- Exceptional written communications skills, including content writing and editing.
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools — Googledocs, dropbox, etc.
- Excellent project management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong, positive energy; intellectual curiosity; and creative problem-solving skills.
RACC offers excellent benefits, including paid holidays and Flexible Time Off, full medical and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, and long-term disability and life insurance.
Digital Communications Specialist
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Generally this position follows RACC regular business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.), but flexibility is required – including occasional weekends and evenings
Supervisor: Director of Community Engagement
Compensation: $40,000 to $45,000 per year DOE, plus benefits
Office Location: Downtown Portland (Pearl District)
About the Regional Arts & Culture Council: RACC receives funding from a variety of public and private partners to serve artists, arts organizations, schools and residents throughout Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties. RACC advocates for public and private investments in the arts, provides grants for artists and arts organizations, manages public art, raises money through workplace giving, conducts arts education in public schools, and provides technical assistance and networking opportunities for artists. Online at racc.org.
All team members are expected to contribute to RACC’s mission, and support RACC’s core values in guiding their decisions and actions.
- We value freedom of artistic and cultural expression as a fundamental human right.
- We value a diversity of artistic and cultural experiences.
- We value a community in which everyone can participate in arts and culture.
- We value a community that celebrates and supports its artists, and its arts and cultural organizations.
- We value arts and culture as key elements in creating desirable places to live, work and visit.
Submit cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF to email@example.com by Wednesday, March 15. You may submit additional materials if you wish, including work samples and references.