The Professional Development Grant Program assists artists and representatives of arts organizations with expenses related to specific, unique opportunities that improve their business management skills and/or help advance the careers of the individual artist or the arts administrator.
This grant cycle for Professional Development Grants includes the period between July 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017 and is open to individual artists and arts organizations in Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas Counties in Oregon.
EXAMPLES OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROPOSALS
1. Travel and/or registration expenses for workshops, seminars, bookings, and other conferences which will clearly help in advancing the artist’s or organization’s development and are uniquely relevant to the artist’s or organization’s current stage of development.
2. An invitation to: exhibit at a prestigious gallery outside the Portland area; present at a major performing arts festival; study with a mentor or renowned teacher. It might be juried in some way or available only through a competitive selection process. In any case, it should not duplicate experiences the artist has had in the course of his/her ongoing work, and it must lead to professional growth in the artist’s career in a clear and meaningful way.
3. Artistic research for long-term benefit to the applicant. Research should not be “projectbased”, but related to the artist’s ongoing exploration and development of skills.
4. General promotional material including the development of websites. Promotional materials cannot be related to a specific project or season. Applicants must demonstrate a clear distribution and/or marketing plan in proposals for portfolio or promotional materials.
5. Consulting fees for professional consultants.
Do you need materials in another language or format? RACC is committed to making our programs accessible to all applicants. We are happy to provide application materials and information in other languages and formats. Please contact Jack MacNichol at 503-823-2928 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
See complete details at website below.
Intent to Apply forms are due by 5:00pm on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.