The Regional Arts & Culture Council (RACC) is seeking an experienced IT Support Technician. This position provides desktop and software support to 35 staff and assists the IT Manager in managing RACC’s technology infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and broad experience in technologies used in a Windows network environment.
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Generally, this position follows RACC office hours (M-F, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM), but flexibility is required – including some evenings and weekends.
Supervisor: IT Manager
Compensation: $23-$25 per hour, depending on experience plus benefits
Benefits: Full medical, dental, long-term disability and life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement plan.
RACC’s Mission, Core Values, and Commitment to Equity and Inclusion:
RACC’s mission is to enrich our communities through arts and culture. We value freedom of artistic and cultural expression as a fundamental human right, a diversity of artistic and cultural experiences, and a community in which everyone can participate in arts and culture and that celebrates and supports its artists and arts and cultural organizations. We also believe that arts and culture are key elements in creating desirable places to live, work and visit. RACC strives to cultivate equity in all of its programs. We believe that the arts have the power to change hearts and minds, and to inspire social change. Prejudice and privilege have created barriers that RACC must dismantle, systematically and strategically, until everyone in our community has equitable access to arts and culture. We value a diverse workforce, built upon inclusion, equity, and cultural humility, and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All staff members are expected to contribute to RACC’s mission and support RACC’s core values in guiding their decisions and actions.
This position provides the first level of desktop/user support for RACC staff. In addition, the position administers user accounts in Office 365 and Active Directory, and assists the IT Manager in administering network and cloud technologies.
This is an ideal position for someone who likes helping people to use computer technology, and who enjoys a lot of variety and learning in their day-to-day work. RACC offers a lively and relaxed workplace and is deeply involved in making the region a better place to live.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Primary desktop and user support and troubleshooting.
- New user orientations and training of staff on use of computer technologies as needed.
- PC and workstation setup and modification.
- Administration of user accounts in Active Directory and Office 365.
- Management of weekly backups.
- Support of network technologies, printers and other peripherals, and conference room AV equipment.
- Creation of monthly printer reports.
- Maintenance of online documentation of RACC’s information technologies.
- Assist the IT manager in evaluating and rolling out new technologies and other projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least three years of experience in Windows desktop support.
- At least two years of experience in administering Office 365 and Active Directory.
- Experience maintaining Windows 10 computers, including installation and configuration of hardware and software.
- Experience in working with users to protect computers from malicious software and other security threats.
- Competency in supporting Windows 10, Office 365 and Office 2016.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. A strong professional demeanor is required, along with the ability to explain complex issues to a variety of users. Exceptional organizational and analytical skills. Being a quick study and good researcher is required.
- Cultural flexibility/agility and a commitment to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with the following products would be helpful: Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps, Filemaker Pro, Azure AD Connect, Group Policy, SQL Server, VEEAM Backup & Replication, network technologies including managed switches, VPN, DNS, DHCP and VLANS, and email validation technologies including SPF, DMARC and DKIM.
Physical Parameters: Carrying and lifting tasks are required and are limited to 40 pounds or less. This position also requires extended periods of sitting and standing.
About the Regional Arts & Culture Council
RACC advocates for public and private investments in the arts, provides grants for artists and arts organizations, manages public art, raises money through workplace giving, conducts arts education in public schools, and provides community services, including workshops for artists, organizational consulting, and a variety of printed and electronic resources. RACC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that receives funding from a variety of public and private partners to serve artists, arts organizations, schools and residents throughout Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties. Read more about our work.
- Submit your application by 5:00 pm on Friday, August 24, 2018. You may submit online, by postal mail, or in person at RACC, Attn: IT Support Technician, 411 NW Park Avenue, Suite 101, Portland, OR 97209.
- Please include a cover letter and resume.